Sign in to follow this  
VR6 South

Heated Seat Wiring Question

Yeah that pic is taken with the fusebox dropped forward but you should be able to do it with it in place with a torch I reckon...

I take it your loom was cut then if you don't have the plugs??

Yes, I had two looms which are spliced together the only thing missing is those two small plugs. It's a good job I managed to get hold of some s/h relays as thet are over £40 each :shock:

Think those plugs may have been added as an alternative solution Steve as I'm pretty sure that one of the wires is hard-connected to pin 12 plug D which is accessories as it comes from the factory. But hey if this works well done. Can these plugs be sourced from anywhere or are they just female spade connecter type?

I have a pic of a complete loom which shows the two plugs as standard so, it should be plug in and play.

I stand corrected if I'm wrong. Are these plugs available from stealers and are they just female spade connecters?

That you sorted then Martin??

apologies by the way, i couldnt post the pics of that storm as the forum wouldnt recognice the format.........

Bill - yeah they are female spades but best to get the proper plugs from VAG so they clip in propery... got a pic of the loom somewhere, mine came out of a Storm but Yan was also under the impression that they hardwired in so that may have been the case on the early cars where just the drivers side was headed.

You can deffo get them from the stealers and they should be cheaps as..... They look pretty standard do I'm going to see if I can get some from the scrappies

That you sorted then Martin??

apologies by the way, i couldnt post the pics of that storm as the forum wouldnt recognice the format.........

Still no further but I think the problem has been solved having looked at the pics :D

Are you still up for tomorrow?

Can't find a photo but ETKA shows it quite clearly... ignore the earths, mine only has one near the relay plate as shown above...

Looms comes in two parts and both together are well over £100 and thats without relays... (!!) the thing I like about VW is that repair parts are nice and cheap, relay plate is £4 and those 1 pin plugs are 357 972 761 - 55p each.

Bill - yeah they are female spades but best to get the proper plugs from VAG so they clip in propery

Ok thanks Steve, I'll take the picture into the stealers and see if I can get some.

Ive not been able to get a spare wheel or my mates car so am gonna let you down again - if you want to get yours sorted im not offended... I may have to go home early next week to attend a funeral so its all against me.....

We will DEFINITELY do them when i get back, i promise!!!!

Send me the pic of the loom if you want and ill stick it up...

A1 VR6, you'd think but not according to ETOS... I think in terms of repair they are physically the same so probably just come in black

A1 VR6, you'd think but not according to ETOS... I think in terms of repair they are physically the same so probably just come in black

No good Steve, doesn't retain originality - what if someone checks my fusebox Lol! Off Topic, I assume you managed to get tickets for Noel next week you lucky sod!

Recived the photos but cannot post them as they are Bitmaps and not Jpegs...

If anyone needs to see them ill be quite happy to forward the email on to any one wanting a peep at them...

Just drop me a PM with your email address....

Recived the photos but cannot post them as they are Bitmaps and not Jpegs.

Thanks for trying. Just been to the scrappies to get the elusive mssing plugs. Five VW's later and I can't find any to match! I did buy a set of alloys though :D

BBS 15" split rims (RX2's) three with nearly new tyres all need a bit of polishing to the outer rim but for £80 I'm not complaining!