Sign in to follow this  
khurrado

DietrichRS4 Front bumper-Fitment & dietrich/rieger rear

My cousin won a dietrich body kit on the fleabay, and has decided not to fit it, so hes giving it to me. It's fibreglass, and so will only be used in the summer, and its slightly damaged.

Ive done a search, and found quite a bit of info, but Iwanted to start a thread to speak with anyone who has fitted one of these. Ive noticed that ppl have taken the std bumper mounting out, and plastic welded this to the rs4 bumper. Fortunately i have one spare for this purpose. Any other tips would be useful.

Also, the kit included a rear bumper which i dont have any use for, so if anyone is interested in it, pm me. It is in excellent condition in dark burgundy pearl.

got any pics of the Dietrich bumper?

I had a brief search, but couldn't see anything specific

My front bumper has metal plates bonded in them and i just got 2 bolts going through the plates, into the bumper iron brackets.

Im not using the actual bumper iron, just the brackets.

Heres my desperate dan chin look

DSC00355.jpg

Interesting. So either the brackets alone or the whole iron. I would feel more confortable putting the whole iron in, as it would give a bit more stiffness at the front.

Anyone got any pics? Of install etc? Ill have a look on vw vortex now aswell.

The bumper doesnt have any side brackets, it just has the hole in the front in the fogs. I dont feel comfortable with that sort of lack of support, so im gna hold off fitting it till its 100%.

Also,the side skirts, they appear to be longer(1/2 inch) than my car!!!! WTF>?

Will i have to drill holes into my curretn skirts to fit these?

And finally, rear bumper, im not sure if i want to fit this yet, but as a feeler, if anyone is interested in this pm me.

It does stick out a bit too far, it needs a bit of cutting. Ill stick it on the fleabay, someone will want it on there.