Sign in to follow this  
corrado_16v

16V injectors

just wondring if eany one can help me im looking to get new injectors for my 1.8 16v rado. I know u can get merc injectors but i cant rember with ones thay are.

not trying to hijack this but the caps on the end of those injectors, do they just pull off and push onto the new ones?

not trying to hijack this but the caps on the end of those injectors, do they just pull off and push onto the new ones?

In theory, although I don't think its easy.

nocrap, You can heat them up a bit with a blowtorch and use pliers to twist them. The tend to stick.

I used a little bit (and I mean a little bit) of loctite to secure the caps on the new injectors. Just around the injector as I didn't want to risk any getting near the nozzle.

OK well i am going to hijack this rather than starting another thread titled 16v injectors as i think corrado_16v's question has been answered........

When removing the injectors yesterday the rubber seals on 2 of them got stuck, when they eventually released (almost sending Supercharged through my fence) it left the little silver cap still in the hole, under the rubber seal which was also left in there.......so what do i need to do???? do what toad says?? suggestions on a postcard please..

Oh also thought i'd quickly add that i have got the caps out as i was taking the mani off anyway...

I'd stick the caps on, they've got to help with locating the injector in the manifold.

The best bet for removal is to do it while the engine is warm. They come out loads easier then.

When you do build the new injectors up, put the large o ring on before the caps, it's a bugger to get over that little lip otherwise.

The best bet for removal is to do it while the engine is warm. They come out loads easier then.

:lol: have you seen my members gallery recently?

:lol: have you seen my members gallery recently?

Oh yes.

I assumed that the car wasn't running at the moment, but just thought I'd mention it.

I would love the chance to take mine off the road to get a few jobs sorted. Oh well VR6/G60 brakes are going on in a fortnight hopefully.

Just a wee note - if you are going to heat the injectors up to remove the end cap - be aware that there is usually residual fuel in them and a jet of flame will envelop the injector :)

Just thought i'd add my injector tip to this thread now i've got the caps back on and injectors back in the engine!

We found the best way to get the caps back on was to lightly put them onto the injector then push them hard on the new injector seals that we had, against the side of the inlet manifold...being careful not to damage the fuel lines.

No need for heat or glue.

nocrap, did you fit the merc ones then and sucessfully swap the top hats and replace all the seals then, including the little ones on the top hats?

Interested 'cause I'd like a new set but can never justify the 30 odd quid each the GSF ones always seem to be.

cheers,

David.

Nah, i reused the original ones.....swapped the upper seals on 2. i would have done the other ones but i couldn't get the new one on over the cap!