Sign in to follow this  
stevef182

Fuse 15 keeps blowing!!! :(

my car cut out on me a few weeks back and a friend of mine has been trying to solve the problem for ages and has got it started but everytime you touch the throttle it dies and a fuse blows..have bought a new fuse board at quite an expense and no help there..:(

basically it was involved in a small accident and the short of it is i really need it MOTd in the next 3 days or else i have to cancel my insurance and loose my accelerater bonus on the insurance..is there anyone in surrey who would do me a massive favour and come have a look.. i will pay you any expenses incurred and more!!! i live 10 mins out of guildford!!!! thanks

I know nothing, but might help if you edit your first post to put a bit more detail in the title. "Please help" tends to just get overlooked, but something like "Fuse 15 continually blowing" might help you out :)

If nothing else, purely because it has 'blowing' in it :lol:

You may have an exposed wire and its grounding itself causing a surge and blowing the fuse. I would try and trace the wire to see if there is any exposed wire.

You may have an exposed wire and its grounding itself causing a surge and blowing the fuse. I would try and trace the wire to see if there is any exposed wire.

I had simlair thing.. kept blowing fuses for the sidelights & indicators, turned out to be a cut in the loom under the airbox coming from the headlights going into the car.. all working fine now (touch wood)

RS VR6, yeah thats what i thought but cant see one..ther wiring is a complete mess, found 3 old alarms..yes three behind the dash!! really i need someone who knows their electrics well to look at it but that fact that i cant drive it anywhere is kinda limiting my options! i just want it back on the road so bad!! been ages!

I would get those wires sorted out. It looks like they can be a potential future nightmare. Its possible that it may be related to the spagetti mess under your dash.

Indeed, I would also suspect that one of the three alarms/immobiliser is grounding out where they split the wires for the immobiliser section.

having replaced a few of the components around the idle control relay it seems to be running fine now..just hope it stays this way! thanks for the help