Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

Best Polish/ Wax for Light Colours?

Ok there's been the debate/ opinions on best for dark colours..

But what's the best (in your opinion) or light colours?

Bear in mind the latest addition to the stable....

Will be hitting with Autoglym Resin and Megs Carabuna today...

Collinite 476s is very good on light cars, with the 915 being better for dark cars. A polish is a polish really so i would stay stick with SRP. But if you want a wet looking shine then you could add a glaze on top of the polish before waxing, the Clearkote glazes are superb for the pure wet look they leave. Followed by the collinite for superb durability. Or another good product that goes with SRP is the Extra Gloss Protection which adds a wet shine and protects as its a sealant, you can also add wax on top if you want that extra durability.

:lol: yeah its good stuff, the longer you leave it on the better finish you seem to get from it imo. I was like that when i used the Clearkote Red Moose Glaze first last week for the pod show, i put it on and it looked soaking wet, awesome stuff!

For the price the Collinite 476s is superb stuff, only £15 and will last forever as its quite a hard paste wax, you just rub a foam applicator over and wipe on your paint. I have done a few cars with mine and it doesnt look like i have touched it lol.

herisites, got my red moose an victoria combi to try this weeked,lookin fwd to it :D

Nice one, you will be very pleased with the results, the RMG makes the paint looks soaking wet on its own and then the victoria wax gives it a really nice warm shine. The wax can be applied via bare hands which is what i done at first just to give it a go, but now i just use a foam applicator as its much easier to do!! Dont know if its any better or worse though :?

Going back on topic, the Victoria Concours wax that i have (red wax) is superb on dark and red based cars. But the Victoria Collectors (yellow wax) is supposed to be very good on light cars and even whites which is hard to find a good anything for :lol: but durability wise is not as good as the collinite which lasts a lifetime.

Oh and i forgot to mention g60greeny that the RMG is also a super filler like AG SRP so it will hide a lot of swirls you may have in the paint. So if you were thinking of using SRP first, there's no need as RMG is supposed to fill almost as many swirls as SRP.

There's a bit of a debate on whether its ok to add RMG over SRP, the SRP to fill swirls and as has light abrasives cut away any minor defects and oxidisation etc and then the RMG on top to fill in extra swirls the SRP didnt get to and give the wet shine. Some guys seem to think that the RMG wont bond to SRP because the SRP is meant to protect as well which means its a minor sealant. But i and some other big shots in the detailing world have used both without any problems.

I've got p21s stuff,shampoo an paint cleanser.was gonna follow the paint cleanser we the glaze followed by the Victoria, does that sound ok?