Sign in to follow this  
cardboard

My mint 2.0 16v - now has BBS and Recaros on show

I used to be a mini man a few years ago but need a more practical car to love! The only draw back is my mini was quicker than my rado!!!

This was my last mini 108 bhp at the raod!

dashinterior.jpg

aspurchased.jpg

myturbo.jpg

Any way bought this not long ago and im really happy with it. It came pretty much completely standard as far as i know so first jobs are wipers and headlights asap!! o and getting a smaller splitter cos i cant get in and out of my drive but i think praise b the LOweReD is on the case with that for me

Bodywork is awsome with only a few stone chips on the bonnet to worry about!

any comments or ideas welcome.

DSCN0543.jpg

DSCN0537.jpg

DSCN0534.jpg

DSCN0536.jpg

DSCN0545.jpg

DSCN0547.jpg

DSCN0548.jpg

DSCN0542.jpg

DSCN0551.jpg

Looks great! Interior looks spotless! 8)

Nice rugby jersey too! :lol:

well first things first gotta take care of the headlights and wipers.

it needs a cam belt change so will hopefully do that this weekend and whilst im at it im gonna put the KR cam on and do some cleaning of my manifold and cam cover. will get pics up after the weekend

Then wheels suspension, door handles, panel filter etc

this weekend i decided to brighten up my engine bay with some serious sandblasting!

i was quite suprised with the outcomes, i didnt expect them to come out this well

think im going to take as much of the engine as i can to bits next week to get on the rest of it!!

SSL10185.jpg

SSL10182.jpg

SSL10196.jpg

SSL10240.jpg

SSL10239.jpg

SSL10246.jpg

SSL10247.jpg

very tidy!!!

i take it not all corrados have the arm rest seperating the rear seats?

you mean you've been here for a year and still don't know that the armrest was only fitted to

1.8 16v's,G60's and VR6's...........they were optional on the 2.0 16v and 2.0 8v's :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah, sandblasting takes a little longer than i expected, its actually quite a slow process then just sanded the DOHC and the top of the cam cover to give them the shine.

i think the matt metal looks really good, looks brand new

Looks very clean mate, just needs lowering on some BBS RS rims i reckon, you know you can afford them :D

Sandblasting is mint,

Nice motor, very cool to see it the flesh!

Think you will be very pleased with the zorst!

a few new editions to the car.

my bbs

DSCN1233.jpg

at VWNW

DSCN1197.jpg

and my recaro's

DSCN1234.jpg

anyone with some late leather door cards im after some!!

coming along nicely 8) did you get the recaro's from germany by any chance??? and as for late leather doorcards, for get it. they are rarer than rocking horse shite. you can get the rears from german e-bay all the time. but the fronts?? no chance :(

you could always do your own doorcards?????

karl

no i picked them up with a car in glasgow. any idea how much they would be worth as i might sell them and get a nice black cloth or cloth recaro? dunno yet.

havent really thought about looking for anything or german ebay as i figured postage would be loads? am i mistaken is it worth looking every so often?

haha yeah i can imagine. by make them myself do you mean get these retrimmed? i have the rears but no fronts.

Nice, how does it drive/handle with them on?

I had a set of 15x7.5 oz turbos on a couple of rados I had a few years back and have never driven a rado that felt as planted with any other wheels - I think they look great aswell but the car needs to be pretty low.

yeah i need to get the back down but its rubbing so until i get the arches rolled i have put those spring separators in to keep the spring more open. not having driven another rado other than this one with its standard wheels i am not really going to give a good comparison but to me the change from standard wheels to these was awesome and the eagle f1's are mint dry or wet