Sign in to follow this  
Ice White Socks

Fuel Tank Capacity- VR6

Hello,

Just out of interest- What is the most amount of fuel anybody has got into a VR6 fuel tank. I know the obvious answer should be about seventy but I can't remember ever getting more than fifty five in mine :roll: I had panicked about it having a lower capacity tank fitted at some point but I am pretty sure its the original tank.

So I will open the bidding at 55 litres..

Cheers

70 litres is the capacity of the VR6 tank as you say.

Most I've got in to-date is 63 litres at a staggering cost of £52.40 (Optimax).

You have 10 litres from the last white mark to empty, so no need to panic :lol:

Kev

70 litres is the capacity of the VR6 tank as you say.

Most I've got in to-date is 63 litres at a staggering cost of £52.40 (Optimax).

You have 10 litres from the last white mark to empty, so no need to panic :lol:

Kev

if you think thats bad............try filling up an ur-quattro from near empty like i used to do once a week 8 years ago.........19 gallons into a 20 gallon tank :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Blimey...

I'm used to MK2 Golf 12 gallon and MK1 9 gallon tanks where 40 odd quid would see you right.....I've never had a £50+ fuel bill before, so it came as a shock, and I could burn that off in a night's joy ride no problem. Fuel prices are just stupid in this country, but that's another story.... :x

Kev

It's worth noting that running the pump dry is a no-no, it relys on the fuel as a lubricant and coolant. Don't worry about sucking up cr@p, cause there won't be any in a plastic tank, unless foriegn objects were introduced by a previous owner. When I changed my pump, the filter was as new, no crud on it at all and neither was there any in the fuel filter.

The only thing that might be right at the bottom of the tank is water, from condensation. Underground petrol tanks suffer from this and I know someone that sucked up a tank of water. The filling station in question hadn't done it's daily dipstick test and were liable for the repair work!

Kev

Hello,

Just out of interest- What is the most amount of fuel anybody has got into a VR6 fuel tank. I know the obvious answer should be about seventy but I can't remember ever getting more than fifty five in mine :roll: I had panicked about it having a lower capacity tank fitted at some point but I am pretty sure its the original tank.

So I will open the bidding at 55 litres..

Cheers

Wasn't there a size incresase from the early to late Corrado's tanks? Maybe you've got an early one?

As far as I know all the G60's have a 12 gallon tank and the VR's have the 15 gallon tank dont really know about the 16 valver as they were produced later than the G60 so could probably have either!!

I believe all Corrados got the 15 Gall tank from a certain age due to customer complaints. 92 I think.

Kev

yeah thats what i thought too........think it co-incided with the exterior facelift in early '92 so i think some G60's got the bigger tank too :wink:

Easy way to tell is the 15 Gall tank equipped Cs had the corresponding clocks. If you don't see 15 on the fuel guage, you don't have the tank :(

Kev

Looking in the manual, which covers 2.0 16V, G60 and VR6, it says all 3 have a 70 litre tank, which assumes the last of the G60s also got this tank.

Weren't there some early VR6's -pre facelift (i.e. like the campaigns) with slidy heater controls and possibly 12 gallon tanks...

very true.......but the exterior facelift was just a bit earlier than the interior facelift so even with slider heater controls all VR6's will have the 15 gallon tank :wink:

Don't worry about sucking up cr@p, cause there won't be any in a plastic tank, unless foriegn objects were introduced by a previous owner. When I changed my pump, the filter was as new, no crud on it at all and neither was there any in the fuel filter.

I let my old fiesta run down a little to low once, the filter got blocked with tiny bits of shiny metal, me and my dad finally worked out where they had come from. Everytime you put the fuel nozzel in at the garage it scrapes the filler neck etc. thus sending metal filings into the tank.

As far as I know all the G60's have a 12 gallon tank and the VR's have the 15 gallon tank dont really know about the 16 valver as they were produced later than the G60 so could probably have either!!

I've got a Late G60 and its got a 70lit Tank, the most i've got into it was about 57liters or something. I thought i was running on vapour from the needle, (i'd drive down to gibralter for cheap fuel and was making the most of it) Filled the Tank for £17 thanks to safeways money off fuel scheme. Which by the way is a lot better in Gib than the UK. i think the max you can get off a liter in the UK is about 6ppl, i got 12ppl in gib. on top of the cheap gas.

Its a funny thing that my old vauxhall corsa :oops: was specced up as a 44 litre tank and if you let it run down you got, well, 44 litres in it. By the sound of it we are all about ten litres shy of where it needs to be. A puzzlement really :?

Oh well cheers for the replies

Mike