Sign in to follow this  
julesz

Coolant Leak

I have 2 coolant leaks which REALLY need fixing now. They are where the coolant goes in and out of the engine ( i think ) shown in the picture. I have borrowed a pic of youre engine bay G60JET, hope you dont mind... Ive been told there are 2 'O' rings or something that need replacing. Anyone know how tricky this is and if there are part numbers for them?? :pale:

dont waste time just doing the o-rings....usually the flange is cracked,theyre cheep enuff£10 ish...and fairly easy to swap.....

the o ring are inside the sensor houseing, the slip over the temp sensors to seal them. Change the flange. the o rings you can get from B&Q or a plumber!!! they come with the new sensors if you want to go that far!!

cheers, will give it a go tomorrow. How easy is 'fairly easy'. WOuld they bolt off and new one bolt on again??? Anyone done this before? :?

they have plastic clips that hold them in place but im 90% sure its a coolant out job, which means you need to go buy some G11 and some distilled water

the part number is 357-121-140 if i remember correctly I ve had a couple that have developed hairline cracks and leaked but it's a pretty simple job to do it will probably take in the region of half an hour to do I reckon