Sign in to follow this  
Frosty Phantom

Number Plate Plinth

Hello guys,

Simple one: Wheres the cheapest place to buy new body parts (atm I'm talking silly things like the rear numberplate plinth etc)?

Cheers,

Mike

if it's just the plastic lugs on the number plate panel there is a cheap fix.

From the inside of the tailgate you can just about reach the fixings to screw in a small self tapping screw into the centre of each of the broken lugs, you'll need a wide plastic washer/spacer to brace the screw against the metal of the tailgate itself, carefull not to go too far with the self tapper or it'll appear the other side of the panel!

For a new one GPC might be able to source one, otherwise it's second hand or VAG.

GPC are generally very good for cheepish parts... rear plate plinths are no longer made though so you may struggle to find a brand new one!

I have a good condition s/h one kicking about somewhere if you're interested - one of the plastic lugs on the rear is slightly damaged but it will still hold as it's meant to?

Try here:

http://www.corrado-teile.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p2196_Rear-License-Plate-Holder---Euro-Spec---Corrado.html

Good service, I've ordered badges, door handles and a few other bits and bobs all good quality. Door handles were VAG branded, few days delivery.

that's interesting, they sell just the reflectors for Corrado headlights on thier own for about 50 quid.