Sign in to follow this  
ZippyVR6

Aaaargh! So ANGRY, Ive just driven into the back of someone

Things are looking up. Cheers people, I have cleaned up the damage and put some film over the exposed lamp.

Dom, I possibly have one coming, although if it is also tatty reflectors can I take you up on that, But I cant take it for free, atleast let me get you a few Vodka and Irn Bru's :D

A friend who took a closer look reckons it can be tapped out, and maybe a touch of filler but it gives me a great excuse for a front end respray :D and even if it is in need of replacement I found a breakers online who reckon they have one for a ton delivered in dragon green

Also the headlamp was pushed back but the plastic gave way before the metal broke so it all should bend back in shape, and the slam pannel is almost unafffected.

Could have been worse. Teach me to listen to Nosebleed Techno on the way to work I spose. 8)

Rog.. Almost had the same today ... B'stid BMW 3 touring driver with No Lane discipline or indicators... went to go round him coming off roundabout onto dual crrageway and he just drifted into my lane! Lots of combined Bakes and headlights.. Fortunately didn't hit him (or his car :lol: )....

There are some complete hand shandies out there, it seems like there's a Rado/old VW witch-hunt on the roads recently...

Best of luck getting this sorted quickly matey...

Seeing a smashed Corrado gets me everytime :( *weep*

Hope it gets sorted soon!

What a bummer, Rog - feel for you :(

I have a good headlight unit (reflector is also good) you are welcome to for free.

Nick, Can I take you up on that headlight please?

are you about next week chap?

Nick, Can I take you up on that headlight please?

are you about next week chap?

No problem mate - I could even drop it in to work if you're there next week - the Porka needs some bits :)

Im there all week. Let me know how it works for you chap. If so Ill pop down and say hi. You may even be lucky enough to see the 997 GT2 that is being unveiled this week.

If not Il pop over and collect.

Cheers Nick.

You may even be lucky enough to see the 997 GT2 that is being unveiled this week.

mmm, saw that on PH, can we all come look over the fence?! :D

Hmm Probably shouldn't of said that.

Drunken posting again!

Official sources from Porsche have been quoted as saying " Porsche have not oficially announced such a model, and anything to the contrary is purely press speculation".

Bad luck mate. Really feel for you. Having recently been rear ended at traffic lights and taking 6 weeks to get it sorted I know the feeling. Its great when you get it back though!

I put grease around the exposed metal work while it was waiting to go into the bodyshop.

just seen this thread, sorry to see that Rog mate :(

fingers crossed for you!

Cheers Dave, Its a Sh1tter alright.

However I must say thanks to NickRStorm who came up with a minty Headlight. This forum is an invaluable meeting ground for thoroughly bloody nice people.

Onwards and upwards, Time to get a quote on bashing out the wing and getting a bit of a front end spray.

So are you sorted on the headlight front then? I shall shove mine back in the cupboard if so :)

Ok, good stuff... hmm that parts cupboard is getting rather full - I really should fit some of them to the car :lol:

shiessenhauser!

I can't believe you've had such bad luck. Keep us posted of your progress with the repairs - I always like to see a rado restored to its former glory.

WOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!

Ive just had an aqua blue wing delivered, a scrapyard search engine on Tinternet found one for £68 delivered!

Toad has agreed to gimme a hand fitting.

Should be back where I was before the incident.