Sign in to follow this  
CTWG60

Rapid Fire 550bhp corrado 10sec QMT

the turbo is a hybrid GT30 or 35

That explains it then :lol: The GT3076 is a 525whp capable turbo and the GT3582 can dish out 600whp, so making a hybrid of the two (a GT3082 if you like) gives the quick spooling qualities of the GT30, with the high boost output of the GT35.

Most folk use a GT28RS on the 1.8T which is only good for around 400hp, which is why I was sceptical. Not many folk fit the big fella GT30/35s to 1.8Ts, so hats off to him for getting it to work.

I know they were never in question i was trying to point out he does not seem the type to tell porkies and generally have a chat if you see him somewhere most likely the pod. :)

Yeah I could tell that by one sentence in the write up..."I wanted to drive a car to the track, make no changes, then drive home in comfort and it's taken me 4 years to achieve...", or words to that effect.

So yes, I take it all back, this man more than likely does have a 550hp Corrado :lol:

See like i said you know a lot more than i do :D must be your age showing through u old git :D :D :D

Did you get laid last night as your in a friendly mood today :lol: :lol: :lol:

Basically take the best bits out of turbos that will give you the kind of drive you want and power.

So as an example:- Garrett T3/T4 hybrid

Garrett T3 is a smaller less leg turbo and cant make the big numbers but good to drive low down to mid range and runs out of breath.

Garrett T4 is a larger more lag turbo and can make the big numbers but not good to drive low down but really good mid to high range.

Now we want both these characteristics out of the turbo so we can use the exhaust turbine housing from the T3 to get more drivability low down and come on boost sooner, and the larger T4 compressor to make the bigger numbers.

This is the basic theory but then you need to consider the exhaust and compressor wheels to maximise both the benefits but there will still always be a trade off somewhere.

This topic of hybrids could easily fill a book so my example is really simple terms, but you take the parts you want, sizing the exhaust and compressor housing and the shaft with what wheels you need.

I could use my IHI VF22 and hybrid that using the same 2 housings i have already and just change the shaft to fit different wheels inside to give a totally different drive from the turbo.

See like i said you know a lot more than i do :D must be your age showing through u old git :D :D :D

:lol: Less of the old, I'm only 30 something ;-)

Did you get laid last night as your in a friendly mood today :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL, I'm always friendly! :lol:

You're right about hybrids. Mixing and matching hot and cold sides to give the characteristics you want. Some people even go as far as reprofiling the compressor and turbine blades, gas flowing the housings etc etc but I think that's a bit OTT personally!

I did have the mag with it in and it made very interesting reading :D

I don't keep mags though and chucked it, sorry!

It has a trick intake and all manner of decent engineering behind it :salute:

Although looking at the stats, the "550hp" bit comes from it's power to weight ratio :shock: It's actually 650hp!!

It's just unbelievable for a standed looking car with a 4 pot! Imagine racing it at the lights, you'd just hit the rev limiter in first due to shock as you watched it pull away. You might have a clue there was something up as it sat there next to you spitting fire at 4k waiting for the lights to change! :lol:

I You might have a clue there was something up as it sat there next to you spitting fire at 4k waiting for the lights to change! :lol:

yeah.

I'd roll over and put my legs in the air at that point.

Saw this at GTi Summer this year, awesome car. 8)

I should have a few photos of under the bonnet hidden away on the laptop somewhere. :scratch:

I should have a few photos of under the bonnet hidden away on the laptop somewhere. :scratch:

hmm dig um out. :)

hmm dig um out. :)

I will have a look later mate, right now I need to see a man about a dog. Well, a mortgage really. :nuts:

I'd roll over and put my legs in the air at that point.

Bit sexual Rob! :D

not into dogs myself. :)

I had it in my mind that this was low-gs car.

Am I wrong then?

Jesus.. does a quarter mile in the same time as a Bugatti Veyron! Not too shabby! :shock:

Imagine the cylinder pressures, 2 bar into an 8:1 CR engine of 2.0L producing 650bhp! :eek:

At peak power rpm each cylinder has to produce 160bhp+! :lol:

He must have dual bank injectors for lower rpm resolution.

Imagine the cylinder pressures, 2 bar into an 8:1 CR engine of 2.0L producing 650bhp! :eek:

At peak power rpm each cylinder has to produce 160bhp+! :lol:

He must have dual bank injectors for lower rpm resolution.

I'd like to know the full specs of this because a GT30/35 hybrid can't flow enough for 650hp on a VR6, let alone a 2.0 4 pot. A lot of the power is coming from the NOS I suspect.

You can get 1000cc injectors with good enough linearity to behave at low PWs, so there's no need for twin injectors anymore :D

Ah well there you go then. Probs Siemens/Deka injectors. They're popular with the 1.8T boys, although the Bisch Basch Bosch EV14 is a substantial improvement on those.

Hi guys i took these pics of mark Gunns corrado at this years Gti international where if i remember it did a 0-60 time of 2.6 and ran a 10.2. I saw it at santa pod earlier in the year and said to everyone i was with watch this corrado fly they all said it looks pretty standard what you talking about, put it this way ive never seen shocked faces like it as it shot up the 1/4 mile. A truly awesome car

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfgti international 175.jpg[/attachment:1tw9d8fx]

gti international 176.jpg[/attachment:1tw9d8fx]

You only get the true idea how seemingly effortlessly quick this car is watching it go 'live' especially against other quick cars. However as an idea

He runs 2.2 bar on the larger Owens/Jabba turbo with the NOS.

It was 550ish before it went bang then the 2l and whatever else for the rebuild gave it the 650ish and same torque figure.