CorradoVR6-Turbo

Ex-Corrado-VR6-Turbo.

Very nice work James. Looking forward to seeing this in the very near future as it's looking fantastic!

Did the postman turn up today?

i should start a bussness! :lol:

something did turn up Dave but i was not in... :( will get it tomorrow...had a little drive today...low boost ,very light throttle.......this is going to be fun when its on boost i can tell ya!! :nuts:

It was only a normal envelope, not a package or jiffy bag? Nothing surprises me these days, I sent an email last Friday and it took till Wednesday before it arrived :cuckoo: break out the carrier pigeons!

need to pick your brains re: exhaust bits - i need to make an exhaust as well.

just got in from the garage - puffing and panting a bit after hoicking (?) the gearbox back on but now the fidanza is on, new chains and timing gear all round 8) ;-)

do you think you will be done in about 3 weeks James??? only asking as i will be up your neck of the woods then. I would love 2 be taken out in this 8)

Just read this thread, still sitting here open-mouthed in admiration. Congratulations on a superb job, really inspiring stuff. Wish I had the knowledge, skills and motivation...

Looks great lad. Just how VW should of made the Corrado Aniversary if they'd kept on making it. :salute:

It was only a normal envelope, not a package or jiffy bag? Nothing surprises me these days, I sent an email last Friday and it took till Wednesday before it arrived break out the carrier pigeons!

Got the pot Dave,thanks mate,its tiny! :shock: also got my LC-1 so that should be going on next week some time. Cheers ! 8)

need to pick your brains re: exhaust bits - i need to make an exhaust as well.

just got in from the garage - puffing and panting a bit after hoicking (?) the gearbox back on but now the fidanza is on, new chains and timing gear all round 8) ;-)

Just give us a ring Paul...would be good to have a sport with your one when they are both on the road.... :grin:

do you think you will be done in about 3 weeks James??? only asking as i will be up your neck of the woods then. I would love 2 be taken out in this 8)

Should do Karl,give us a PM or ring..hoping to insure the car this week coming so i can play with the fine tuning on the road.

James wheels look well against the red paintowrk 8)

Cheers Zak,thought they were a good look for red raddos,im loving the red at the mo,bright and in your face ! :wave:

Just read this thread, still sitting here open-mouthed in admiration. Congratulations on a superb job, really inspiring stuff. Wish I had the knowledge, skills and motivation...

Thanks mate.

Looks great lad. Just how VW should of made the Corrado Aniversary if they'd kept on making it. :salute:

Never thought about that! cheers :D

RC's.... drool.. lovely :D

Cheers Bally,you car was the insperation,and now its even better!

Will take some more pics when the car is on the road,got the 312mm fitted and doing bits and bobs.

quick update,been enjoying driving around for a while now,no real issues,going to make it cool better as i go along,but it runs at 9psi thanks to Dave! and its allot faster than the old green VRT,even with this huge T70 it kicks in a 4k and screems hard to read line...it will go off the clock quickly!

very happy how its turned out,all t&t insured and ready for the summer,nest winter is bodywork...

few randoms....

DSCN1874.jpg

DSCN1875.jpg

bye for now... :wave:

Thats nice and subtle mate, you wouldnt guess there were 400 horses hiding under there...

Really good job, matey. Great work. The car looks fantastic. as has been said, it looks sooo different from when you bought it. VRT power....brill! Looking forward to mine. How's the T-70? Is it very laggy? Is there anything below 4.000rpm? and what kind of power is it putting out at 9psi? I take it you are running standard injectors still? And, thanks to Dave's box of tricks, a MAF also? :D

Wow James, that looks awesome. I just love red Corrados!

Glad it's running OK. I have a few more refinements in the pipeline, should make it even smoother!

I drove a MK2 VR6 (thanks to GVK!) that is running OBD2, and it was leagues ahead of OBD1. So looks like that'll be my next plan. Just sooooo smoooooth on part throttle, and the idle is miles better. Kev's been trying to convince us for ages that it's the way forward, and he's right again :D

Good work anyway. Can't wait to see your motor, planning on going to any shows soon?

next winter is bodywork...

looks pretty good already to me! really deep colour in the paint :salute:

ditto.

Damn, that looks stunning

Stunning, i love it :notworthy:

Cheers :D

Wow James, that looks awesome. I just love red Corrados!

Glad it's running OK. I have a few more refinements in the pipeline, should make it even smoother!

I drove a MK2 VR6 (thanks to GVK!) that is running OBD2, and it was leagues ahead of OBD1. So looks like that'll be my next plan. Just sooooo smoooooth on part throttle, and the idle is miles better. Kev's been trying to convince us for ages that it's the way forward, and he's right again :D

Good work anyway. Can't wait to see your motor, planning on going to any shows soon?

Thanks Dave,yes the pot works fine for now,little flat low down in the rev range,but im still happy with it,drives normal.. :scratch: :lol:

Im still wanting your box of tricks when its done to help it run smoother mate,was looking into obd2 but i think i will go standalone when the time comes.

thanks with all your help Dave :salute:

Really good job, matey. Great work. The car looks fantastic. as has been said, it looks sooo different from when you bought it. VRT power....brill! Looking forward to mine. How's the T-70? Is it very laggy? Is there anything below 4.000rpm? and what kind of power is it putting out at 9psi? I take it you are running standard injectors still? And, thanks to Dave's box of tricks, a MAF also? :D

Cheers Bud,the t70 has nothing untill 4k then the fires of hell light up :shock: ,its running 360cc injectors and running the maf,so drives,idles just like normal,still have the 268 to fit and finish the exhaust off to let her breath better,but for now its fine.

Thats nice and subtle mate, you wouldnt guess there were 400 horses hiding under there...

Cheers Michael,not 400 yet but,but it will evolve over time :tongue:

Cheers mate,its a little faded,has dents and chips,and the laquer is starting to peel,so its going to get a make over ans some body mods.

small update peeps,not been on here that much cos im out driving the raddo :D ive giving it some hard times most of the time to see if anything breaks,just small issues but nothing major! maniflod holding up well glowing red most of the time :nuts:

But the bottom end is tierd,sourced a 2.8 block and am having this bored to a 2.9,but tonight after doing off the clock speeds on a private roads :wink: the bottom end poped,oh well never mind,going to pull the motor out this weekend then find out what happend,it runs but blows smoke and its down on two pots.

thats what you get for pushing 12psi via a wron 160k block :lol:

Hahahaha good man, have a read of mine, not quite as bad as yours but still were in the same boat dude.

Oh dear. At least you found out that it works in theory though. how long till you can get the new block built up and installed then?

bet it was mint while it lasted! lol. you rebuilding the rest of the engine then or just the bottom end? you gonna upgrade anything or just put standard but new back in?

i knew the botom end was tierd,so it was been pushed to its limits while it had the turbo on,im suffering back pain at the moment and am going to see the ciropractis this afternoon,so i wont be geting the engine out untill my back is fit.

The rest of the engine had been rebuilt and the head was ported ect,so all im doing is fresh bottom end with OEM pistons shells ect. i might splash out for rods but i will have to see what cash i have spare...and a smaller exhaust AR for the turbo.

This was the plan to build a fresh engine at a nice pace but its going to have to be done sooner now ! :? going to have to keep driving the white raddo for a while boooooo! think these low slung corrados are no good for my back? or am i getting to old? :ignore:

Missed this, again! Coming along really nicely.

I thought you were going a GT35? Not that there's anything wrong with a T70....

If you're boring a new 2.8 to 2.9, forged pistons would be a better spend than rods at this stage.....in my humble one :D

And Wossners too, because they were specially designed by a VRT owner..... for VRT owners :wink:

Stock rods are OK up to 550-600 horse allegedly. I'm waiting to bend one before splashing the cash there. Hasn't happened yet....and she gets some abuse :D

Get some better seats! I don't find the Rado ones to be especially good for lower back support.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Dave.

OBD2 is indeed the way forward, watch this space :wink: