CorradoVR6-Turbo

Ex-Corrado-VR6-Turbo.

Cheres Zak...thats as far as it goes on the drive with no tax...boo!

Pete,the lupos i fitted judderd all the time tried new blades over and over again,bending arms etc,still with no jof,reverted back to oem with the arms dremmeld...works a treat. imop i think there is to much spring pressure on the arms for the flat screen the raddo has.

Your car has totally changed my opinions of Red Corrado's, I think it looks spot on with the RC's :salute:

My lupo's always judder too, thinking of changing to TT' ones as my old man threw my originals away :roll:

how are you getting on with your new fuel pump etc buddy - when can we expect to see you running some proper booooost?!? :norty: :nuts:

I was the same Kip,hated red and now i love em,nice and in your face colour! :tongue: look great when they are clean,crap when dirty,thoses pics are dirty,very dirty!

Nothing yet Pete.ive got a few things to do before i do the pump,brakes,exhaust etc....it never...never ends :cuckoo:

I was the same Kip,hated red and now i love em,nice and in your face colour! :tongue: look great when they are clean,crap when dirty,thoses pics are dirty,very dirty!

Nothing yet Pete.ive got a few things to do before i do the pump,brakes,exhaust etc....it never...never ends :cuckoo:

:lol: haha - i know how you feel buddy and my project has not seen nearly as much effort/time or engineering go into it as yours - fair play to you matey :D

keep up the good work! :)

Awesome Corrado mate, love it. I meant to send you pics of those seat restraints didn't i, i'll try and do it this weekend mate.

What sort of 0-60 times will it do with the Turbo ? Or does it pull more in the mid range, would love a drive in a VRT.

Cheers bud,no times as of yet,not really bothered what it can do...its fast!

Once my fuel pump and exhaust are done then i can turn the boost up and that will be way to fast for my needs :tongue:

Yes mate the pics of the seat belt restaints would be good,coming to Melboure in November time 09 for holiday/work etc....i cant wait :dance:

Right,small update time.

Finished off my pump today,had it all mounted up and wired in.

Next is to sort the exhaust out,i want 3" but i like it to be a sleeper on the road,ive also seen the 3" exhaust flap which opens up on full throttle,i like the idea of this but im not going to pay the price for one so im making up my own...i will post as i go along.

Some randoms.

Rubber mounted...using kia ceed air box rubbers and also used the VR plastic rocker cover bolts redrilled and tapped out to m8x1.5mm and sleeved.

pumpandfilter3.jpg

Using the four old studs on the floor for the mountings

studstofitpump.jpg

All nicley in place and the -6 hose goes through the floor to front and to the tank with ease.

pumpandfilter2.jpg

Looking good.

pumpandfilter.jpg

Picture011.jpg

my new daily ride,original 1988 16v gti golf,152k lots of bills,body work is tidy,needs some attention on the drivers door and filler cap which i will sort.

Just a bit of daily fun.:tongue:

mk2golf6.jpg

Cool Mk2, I had one as my first Gti about 11yrs ago. I removed the swag line decals, black tape over the bumper stripe and fitted some Corrado G60 wheels. Very simple but fecking loved it.

Cheers folks,no plans for it yet,it does need some small amount of welding and painting,but when summer is here and the raddo is on the road i will do these jobs.

Forgot what a giggle these cars are to drive,handles rubbish brakes and rubbish :lol:

Right....now i had the 312mm tt brakes fitted but always found then crap! especially now that it gatheres speed rather quickly! :norty:

So i got hold of some EVO8 calipers and discs off my mate for a cheeseburger!! no money just food (now i owe many favours) :tongue:

Got to make up custom bracket to fit it onto the hub,cant use R32 discs as i wanted as they have no offset and would need a 10mm + spacer to clear the caliper to wheel !!

But the EVO 8 disc has allot more offset and would only require a 2-4mm spacer to clear wheel,or mill the caliper down :shrug: havent got that far yet.

Here are some brembo lovley-ness :luvlove:

brembovscokecan.jpg

bremboanduprightclearance2.jpg

bremboandupright1.jpg

bremboandrc.jpg

mmmm tasty! u sure that can of coke isnt the mini ones you 'could' pick up from woolworths? :) lovely tho mate! i need bigger brakes now! does your mate want to trade any other items of use for a big mac meal? ;) good offer!

Those calipers are huge!!! They certainly look good behind the wheel 8)

Are you going to paint them to match the red of the car? :D

Them brakes dont half look good mate. Guess you'll be able to stop in on a pin now! :lol:

NIce mk2 you selling or keeping the white rado?

sold the white raddo a while back mate,wanted a different car,not a huge fan of MK2's but i will see how this goes......like most of my second cars i only tend to keep them for a year or so and get something different! :D

looks like these Brembo brakes are just to much work to fit.....oh well :(

Also Ive got a problem with my new pump set up...its loud as feck,cant hear the car idle...thats how loud!

It sounds like its been starved of fuel and picking up air pockets.

So i removed the standard fuel pump as and plumped a pipe direct from the 044,it was better but still sounding like air was being picked up.

Ive tried a combination of fuel filter before and after the pump with no better results.

Im running -6 fuel lines to the pump and i think these are to small and the pump needs at min of -10 hose sizes! im going to put the pump in a bucket tommorow so it has direct feed and go from there.

If its sorted im going to have to fettle the pump to sit in the tank and try to use the original swirl pot/pump housing to stop air being picked up.

Any thought?

it is standard in tank pump,then i put the walbro intank pump in,but i think both pumps do not flow enough for the 044,im going to give the 044 pump a direct feed of fuel,no adapter or anything to see what the results are,im sure its because of this. :scratch:

Just a thought James, but Mk1's Gti fuel pump which looks identically sized, has a foam jacket around it because they are so noisy, you could try one of them perhaps?

here....No.28Untitled-1.jpg[/attachment:y0u9u964]