CorradoVR6-Turbo

Ex-Corrado-VR6-Turbo.

James. I want your car. :luvlove:

Its looking so fresh, gotta love the stance, the arches, the wheels and the fact its got a few extra ponies. Fair play to you mate, one of the best C's around IMO. :salute:

This has been an awesome build thread to read

DSCN1663.jpg

Just wondering where you got these terminal boxes from? At the moment mine is just stared off of a mini exhaust mount :D

Fuckin amazing, everytime I come check this thread I save a bunch of pictures. One of my favorite corrados at the moment, next time I'm up Durham I'll keep my eyes peeled. Do people still meet at the retail park on the edge of Belmont?

Fuckin amazing, everytime I come check this thread I save a bunch of pictures. One of my favorite corrados at the moment, next time I'm up Durham I'll keep my eyes peeled. Do people still meet at the retail park on the edge of Belmont?

Thanks :) and yes they do gather there but its full of "boy racers" and its not my cup of tea but feel free to give us a shout if your over one day :)

Thanks for the comments folks,took it for a run yesterday to find any faults,the carbon bonnet was getting very hot near the turbo,so i applied some self adiseve heat barrier and that should help....should :ignore:

Also the new wheels i have, came with some "like new" falkens and it would be rude not to use them but to my amazement have very poor grip compared to the toyo's that were on the Rc's it just spins up all the time and at speeds above 80 will light them up....and thats in the dry!!!! :bad-words: i will have to address that at a later stage.

Took the car to work to set up the camber,tracking etc and parked at the back wall and was asked by one of the sales to move it as it was a distraction to the customers wanting to by a new car :lol: i kindly told him to get lost.... :wink:

13032010124.jpg

if you are getting tyres get michelin pilot exalto, the toyo t1r's are shit compared to the pe2's. traction is 10 times better and gets rid of the ridiculous under-steer the toyo's give

Awesome as always, I think cut out in the front bumper looks good in those pics on the previous page... how many mpg do you get now then?

Absolutely gorgeous mate, a credit to all the hard work you've put into it. :salute:

probably metres per gallon for you pal!

yea its not the best around the doors 5-15mpg but on a run it does around 30mpg ! im not kidding! :lol:

Absolutely gorgeous mate, a credit to all the hard work you've put into it. :salute:

Cheers fella :salute:

probably metres per gallon for you pal!

yea its not the best around the doors 5-15mpg but on a run it does around 30mpg ! im not kidding! :lol:

nice!

fair play pal the car is looking absolutely stunning after all the effort you've put in - a real credit to you :D

i get about 15-16mpg when i'm pootling round town going up to about 29 if i set the cruise control at 70 and just sit there. i'm surprised yours can go as low as it can, i guess you probably use the fun pedal on a more regular basis to me though!

there may be murmors of me getting the mapping looked at by the boys at DG Autotech before long on mine though :norty:

has V-Power started to run out where you are yet? - apparently there's going to be a nationwide shortage before long (so i'm told)... :shrug:

Cheers Pete :D yea its mostly used for fun days out so does like a drink or two,but i expect that so am happy to put the fuel in when needed :tongue:

What car you got again? is it still that big v10 beemer? has it not got enough power for you :lol:

hey pal, glad to see you're happy to pay for the privilege :D

i'd very much like to go out for a spin in yours at some point if i ever get the chance, naturally you could take mine out for a bit of rear-steering action afterwards as well :norty:

still got my M5 pal, but it can't afford the new V10 jobbie - it's the old e39 one with the V8.

and no, annoyingly i don't think any car will ever be fast "enough!"

hey pal, glad to see you're happy to pay for the privilege :D

i'd very much like to go out for a spin in yours at some point if i ever get the chance, naturally you could take mine out for a bit of rear-steering action afterwards as well :norty:

still got my M5 pal, but it can't afford the new V10 jobbie - it's the old e39 one with the V8.

and no, annoyingly i don't think any car will ever be fast "enough!"

Cheers fella i know the feeling :scratch: Also that urge to move on again..... its back :lol:

yup,but i decided along time ago when i was doing the bodywork,diff etc.....Ive been wanting a new car to play with for some time now and i cant afford to have two, so one has to go to fund the other.

Ive always enjoyed building them than driving them,to me the car is done....something new now!

But comon.....you lot knew i would anyway :wink:

It would be nice if you kept it but in a way it would be nice if a "non tinkerer" bought it and then just drove/maintained it.

You'll sell it sooner or later,even if you change your mind again this time. :lol:

I would love to keep it,but lack of space and money to do both is not going to happen and as for just drive it and maintain it....i wish i could but there is something not right with me :lol:

your mad you are! its not even been back on the road 5 mins and your thinking of getting rid! I too enjoy building but its an even better feeling when its done. whats the next plan then?