Sign in to follow this  
JasonSanders

dented rear arch

how much is this gonna cost to repair? its a slight dent in the leading edge of the rear arch and the front wing has slight dents in it, how much is this gonna cost? i brought the car like it, the bodyshop said they can just hammer the dents out (they are a classic car restoration company) but how much for new parts?

how much is this gonna cost to repair? its a slight dent in the leading edge of the rear arch and the front wing has slight dents in it, how much is this gonna cost? i brought the car like it, the bodyshop said they can just hammer the dents out (they are a classic car restoration company) but how much for new parts?

the cheapest i priced up an original VW front wing was £140+vat

you wont need new parts mate, they hammer it out and make it look like new, if you needed new parts why would they bother hammering the dent out in the first place?

It's the rear arch that's dented Rodders....which is part of the whole rear quarter panel, and is double skinned to add to the fun!

I had a new rear quarter panel put on my MK2 after some dozy twot decided to drive into me. The panel alone, for a MK2, was £350 from VW (I insisted on VW metal only) and labour, paint, plastics and sundries came to £1250. Luckily it was an agreed value ins job!

If your dent is a small one, it'll be hammered out and filled but if there is a crease that cannot be removed by normal remedial methods, bargain on a new rear quarter for a proper job.

If you ever see your car having a rear quarter being removed....you'll cry :(

K

It's the rear arch that's dented Rodders....which is part of the whole rear quarter panel, and is double skinned to add to the fun!

I had a new rear quarter panel put on my MK2 after some dozy twot decided to drive into me. The panel alone, for a MK2, was £350 from VW (I insisted on VW metal only) and labour, paint, plastics and sundries came to £1250. Luckily it was an agreed value ins job!

If your dent is a small one, it'll be hammered out and filled but if there is a crease that cannot be removed by normal remedial methods, bargain on a new rear quarter for a proper job.

If you ever see your car having a rear quarter being removed....you'll cry :(

K

ahem kev :wink: .................too much sherries over new year matey? :wink: :lol:

how exactly will they manage to hammer out the one on the rear arch? cause i had mine looked at and they said it cant be...

What they did was using a hammer and a long metal bar, was to hammer out and push the dent back from behind. excellent job, but they said the rear arch was double skinned, and they couldnt do anything with it.

ive got a dent on my rear arch aswell,seen quite a few other carrados with dents :? and they always seem to be around the same part of the arch

Heya,

I had a dent in my arch, as per picture... I don't know how much it cost me by itself, but I had my back bumper and whole

of passenger side repaired for dents, parking rashes and a keyeing (!) for £300.

I don't have a picture of the finished product, but I can assure you that you cannot see a dent anymore, smooth as :)

Cheers,

Rica

P.S. And NO, I haven't put a single scratch on the car, these were on when I bought it :p

I had a dent on each side in the rear wheel arch. One kindly provided by the previous owner (or the one before that, who knows?), and one kindly provided by some anonymous idiot visiting my street one day.

They have both been professionally repaired and are both now absolutely invisible. A decent body shop should have no problems with it, assuming that's all it is.

I had a huge dent in the rear quarter panel of my last car, kindly provided by some idiot in tescos carpark (they also kindly bu*gered off leaving me to foot the bill) It was a much worse dent than yours jason, cost me £300 to get it repaired by, as i found out later, one of the most expensive bodyshops in the area! anyway, my point is it should be easlily fixable by a good bodyshop, and AFAIK they just knocked the dent back out and resprayed.

I'm not the only rado owner with the dented rear arch then..

myns the passenger side, with a minor scratch on the drivers side...:roll:

Anyone know a good bodyshop in the Gatwick area? Wife's just arrived home to show me some modifications to the passenger door on my storm. Claims to have hit a broken bumper on the road but you never know what to believe with these women. Anyway, it's taken a gouging down to the metal so needs undenting. It's a green one, and I guess it will need the whole door resprayed seeing as it's metallic. First damage it's ever had, she's not getting the keys again.

Try Nick at body perfect hes a good lad normally does good prices and paint finish is good too 07785764705 based in Crawley