Butterfly

Butterflys Blackberry... car of the 90's

That looks so much better Judith, rear axle, subframe and crossmember next? :shock: the shiney stuff becomes addictive :lol:

We seem to be accumulating lots of Corrado bits and cleaning stuff galore and with the garage becoming a bit of a nightmare lots of bits started living in the house. After a bit of surfing we found B&Q had the best shelves to offer and they even had a 15% sale on last week :) .

We didn't go to Stoner as we needed a break from all the driving around we have been doing and have plenty more coming up so, after I recovered from a great night out last night, we got stuck into giving the garage a make over. And very please we are with the results. Just got to sort out hanging all the bikes up now.

Looks very smart, Judith. Must sort mine out now- it's a complete shambles and stresses me out :brickwall: You've inspired me! :)

Good work you two. His and hers shelves or sqautters rights :wink:

I had to fill every inch of wall space in mine to squeeze the car in.

Room in the loft space for another C? the art of the possible...car-loft-3.jpg[/attachment:3ll6tjxx]

Glad i inspired you for the racking looks cool.

I need to post a pic of my tank straps to show you what really bad ones look like.

I need to post a pic of my tank straps to show you what really bad ones look like.

Yeah we were admiring your garage when we called round. I hope I didn't frighten you too much when you called by with Drewiees wheel on Sunday.

Bad tank straps...... I think I might beat you with the state of my 8vs ones. Thinking I need to replace them before the petrol tank falls off!

Yeah we were admiring your garage when we called round. I hope I didn't frighten you too much when you called by with Drewiees wheel on Sunday.

Bad tank straps...... I think I might beat you with the state of my 8vs ones. Thinking I need to replace them before the petrol tank falls off!

Yea i remember and lol, no you didnt frighten me, just followed Kip's instructions and er didnt know where to put myself :oops:

Im surprised my fuel tank is still held up its that bad.

Sorry to hear about your bump, but, Looks great under neath. You have been working really hard. I want to do this throughout winter but I will have to just go up on axel stands! You must be really happy with the results and that nothing is rotten under there. :D

Sorry to hear about your bump, but, Looks great under neath. You have been working really hard. I want to do this throughout winter but I will have to just go up on axel stands! You must be really happy with the results and that nothing is rotten under there. :D

Ahh, my members gallery can get a bit confusing as I've two C's.

The Blackberry 8v had the bump last year and at 170+k is looking a little tired underneath (though I've not scrubbed it clean to know just how tired it is...) :pale:

My Mystic storm is the one I've been obsessing about with all manner of cleaning liquids and sizes of brush :cuckoo:

and I'm pretty happy with the condition underneath for a 61k mileage.

P.S. Was it your work mates that left a message on my Blackberrys screen at Watford Gap services last year asking if i wanted to sell? I emailed the address left in the message and pointed them in the direct of this forum 8) just wondered as you've mentioned that you work on the highways, midlands area and that your work mates look out for Corrados for you.

Thanks.

I've been following your gallery for quite some time and am very envious of your rear axle work. I still have the one I bought from Dinkus a few years back and this year (end of) I WILL do something about getting it blasted/painted and fitted.

New battery trays can still be bought from the dealers I believe. See Cazzas thread for pics of the new one fitted to the valver he's just bought.

Yeah they're £50 a pop! :pale: I had ordered one, but cancelled it when they phoned to confirm. Apparently they have to take a deposit on it cos they don't get ordered very much - perhaps they have them specially made?

Keep going with the rear beam! Soon you will have a new car! :grin: :salute:

Thought it about time I progressed with the rear axle refurb or another year will go by. (I've had it 3 years!!)

Kip knocked out the old bushes a few weeks ago, I finished stripping down the fixings and rusty bolts then took it for blasting and painting last week. Collected it this week and Kip has just removed the bush sleeves.

All ready to deliver to D&G next week then it's just a matter of getting the Storm down there too for a few days :)

It that just paint or has it been powdercoated? :D Thinking of doing my spare but drilling it first for a neuspeed ARB. 8)

It's actualy nylon coated. Supposedly a bit harder wearing than just paint/powdercoating.

It's a bit more shiney with a satin finish than the original i.e. matt but I'm happy with that if it is harder wearing. And if I get everything coated the same it will at least all match.

you guys crack me up!! love the garage story!! :lol:

saw my 1st Arabian rado last week BTW mint G60 in red 8) I had the envy big time.

:wave:

Hey Judith

Looking good. Who did the blasting and painting, anyone local?

Cheers

Matt

Yeah localish, I'm not gonna start driving bits of my car all around the country for sorting.... I'm not that mental :cuckoo: yet.

A company called Batchglow based in Dinnington, just north of Worksop. They have a website with different coatings and their location etc etc

They have previously done my tank straps and I think most of Brunys coatings were done there.

Hey Judith

Looking good. Who did the blasting and painting, anyone local?

Cheers

Matt

Yeah localish, I'm not gonna start driving bits of my car all around the country for sorting.... I'm not that mental :cuckoo: yet.

A company called Batchglow based in Dinnington, just north of Worksop. They have a website with different coatings and their location etc etc

They have previously done my tank straps and I think most of Brunys coatings were done there.

Thank you for that really handy to know.

Just have to get my arse in gear and get bits done now! :gag: