Sign in to follow this  
Stan 24v

My new 20v.............

..........Leon Cupra!

I picked it up today. 1 owner, fsh, 67k, 180 BHP model and at a bargain (and I mean bargain) price!!!!

Its not a replacement for the C, nothing ever will be, but is a nice car, drives well, has decent power and loads of potential and it sort of looks similar to a C, dont you think??? With the shape of the boot, its just a slightly taller version :D

What you reckon?

DSC_0010.JPG

IMGP5349.JPG

IMGP5350.JPG

IMGP5351.JPG

IMGP5352.JPG

IMGP5357.JPG

IMGP5361.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

I used to have a Leon and i loved it, i truly believe its a modern day Corrado..

Good choice mate, enjoy...

I'm interested to know what you reckon a bargain price is. I ask because I've just bought a 45k mile, 53-plate, fsh, 180bhp, Leon Cupra. I think I got a pretty good deal too.

That 1st pic looks like something from a magazine :lol:

Looks a real tidy example and if you got it cheap then all the better for it. I dont really see the C resemblence though as many comment on it been that way.

I'm interested to know what you reckon a bargain price is. I ask because I've just bought a 45k mile, 53-plate, fsh, 180bhp, Leon Cupra. I think I got a pretty good deal too.

I'l PM you :wink:

That 1st pic looks like something from a magazine :lol:

Looks a real tidy example and if you got it cheap then all the better for it. I dont really see the C resemblence though as many comment on it been that way.

I think its just the line of the boot, and the rear plate surround (from the C) being quite large.

Bloody Bender :)

Youre a t*t William :lol:

Nice car Stanners. You going down the 'chip' shop soon? ;)

NO!!!! Im not doing anything til next year (well thats what Im saying to err indoors anyway :lol: )

Replied to PM...

Does yours have any optional additions? Mine only has cruise control as an extra, but I can't see the end of the wiper stalk behind the steering wheel on yours.

Well done, I loved every minute I had with mine, only problem I had was with chronic stonechipping, believe it was a real issue with the dark metallic blue.

Get a Milltek and a re-map and you'll have a very quick car - once mine had been done I found it would wind round to an indicated 160 (obviously on a private road), probably a true 150.

I have to be honest dude, I really can't see why you would rather have that on your drive than your lovely 24v rado but I spose I would say that being a rado nut :)

Me and my missus have often said we'd like a leon though as a 2nd car, they look far better on the road than most modern cars IMO - and that looks like a nice one too! enjoy dude.

Get a Milltek and a re-map and you'll have a very quick car - once mine had been done I found it would wind round to an indicated 160 (obviously on a private road), probably a true 150.

Was that based on a 180bhp Cupra or a Cupra R?

bcstudent - that was on a standard Cupra (R hadn't been released at that point). Had a piggyback re-map by Upsolute, after the exhaust was fitted it was RR'd at 238 bhp.

I had the re-map done first, the big difference was the exhaust, really freed things up, I always think the 1.8T seems strangled at the top end, the Milltek seemed to improve things masively

I have to be honest dude, I really can't see why you would rather have that on your drive than your lovely 24v rado but I spose I would say that being a rado nut :)

Me and my missus have often said we'd like a leon though as a 2nd car, they look far better on the road than most modern cars IMO - and that looks like a nice one too! enjoy dude.

It was never a case of that mate, I just fancied a change from the C. I loved it to bits, but I just felt it was starting to show its age from the inside, and wasnt the best daily driver due to the fimness etc. I never even considered a Leon til I saw this one, and it was the price that swayed me really. Compare it to any other 2003 VAG car and you get a lot for your money.

Replied to PM...

Does yours have any optional additions? Mine only has cruise control as an extra, but I can't see the end of the wiper stalk behind the steering wheel on yours.

No cruise mate, but it has climate, 6 cd. I'll probably get cruise off ebay to fit it though, and one for the 4mo too.

bcstudent - that was on a standard Cupra (R hadn't been released at that point). Had a piggyback re-map by Upsolute, after the exhaust was fitted it was RR'd at 238 bhp.

I had the re-map done first, the big difference was the exhaust, really freed things up, I always think the 1.8T seems strangled at the top end, the Milltek seemed to improve things masively

Handy to know that Andy, but obviously Im not doing anything to it..................yet :lol:

Steady on fella if stan thinks it looks like a corrado let him its just his way of getting over losing his 24v power! lol!

Steady on fella if stan thinks it looks like a corrado let him its just his way of getting over losing his 24v power! lol!

he,he,yeah sorry,just cant see the resemblance at all.

in fact my crx looks more like a corrado that a seat leon,early 90's was definately the best car design era of all time 8)

I think the Leon looks like a modern, grown up version of the C too so you're deffo wrong :lol:

Hows the LC going anyways dude? (love the firtst pic of it on your drive btw 8) )

Tis a nice car mate. And I can totally empathise with your reasons for swapping, including the bargain price :)

However.....

Looks like a Rado? Hmmm. Looks a touch more like a renault megane to me dude! :( Sorry :(

Fecking Megane!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

How dare you William!!!

It doesnt look like a C, it just has a similar bootline from the roof down the tailgate ie its not a box like a Golf :wink:

Stan, TBH this would be 3rd on my list of "Haves"

1/ Rado (obviously)

2/ S3 (or maybe the "Very special" RS3 :lol: I saw in East London over the weekend :shock: )

3/ LCR (Old shape, but not in Silver.. Black or Grey suits the shape better IMHO)

4/ Lupo Sport/Fabia VRS.. hmmmm

Stan, TBH this would be 3rd on my list of "Haves"

1/ Rado (obviously)

2/ S3 (or maybe the "Very special" RS3 :lol: I saw in East London over the weekend :shock: )

3/ LCR (Old shape, but not in Silver.. Black or Grey suits the shape better IMHO)

4/ Lupo Sport/Fabia VRS.. hmmmm

Thats pretty much the same as me mate, but for the price I paid for the LC, you wont get an LCR, and the S3's in that price range arent the best. The Rado.....well Ive just left one of the better ones and fancied a change.

Also, an S3 probably isnt much (if at all) quicker due to the weight of the 4WD???? Not sure though.

Not interested in a Lupo/Fabia, just not my cup o tea :wink: