Sign in to follow this  
moneypit23

New BBS centre caps... How much?? Think not.

I've had my ebay bargain BBS RX's for about 3 years and they've finally been refurbished and look all shiney and new. Nice.

The centre caps however were a lost cause i thought and so i set about looking for replacements but then realised how much they were. With the MOT looming and tax due i tought i'd save a few quid and just get some stickers. As it turns out, a bit of sanding in the kitchen and a hairdryer produces a fairy good result especially as the surface is a bit convex.

Now lets see how long they last.

Kate

They look pretty sweet!! 8)

Ive just got me a set of RXIIs for my C but they have the wrong centre caps with them :(

It seems that there are a few diff types about & its pickling my head! Do you have any clues or perhaps a photo from the back of em?? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers , Chris.

When you say you have the wrong ones, which do you mean?

My old RX11s used to have the silver centre caps (BBS part no. 09.24.487) but these are the same size as the black ones that come on solitudes, rx's etc (VW part no 1H0 601 171 B).

Hope that helps..

When you say you have the wrong ones, which do you mean?

My old RX11s used to have the silver centre caps (BBS part no. 09.24.487) but these are the same size as the black ones that come on solitudes, rx's etc (VW part no 1H0 601 171 B).

Hope that helps..

Nice one dukest!

So the ones from my Solitudes will do the trick then? Sweet. Thats loads of help.... I was going to try that, honest, but have not got round to it yet & thought id have a lil ask around on here :)

When I say the wrong ones, the guy I bought them off bought them. Bit too small for the holes :(

Thanks very much buddy!! :thumbleft: