junkie

The Forced Induction 20V Thread

Shall I just presume that the flywheel and pressure plate bolts stretch? And what torque do they need tightening to?

What's the part numbers for the flywheel bolts and pressure plate bolts.

Edited by Langsam

I've got an AYP 1.8 20V Turbo from a Seat Ibiza Cupra which I'm hoping to fit in my Corrado within the first half of this year. Is it possible to just fit the Ibiza ECU without the Ibiza clocks? If so I'm assuming I'll need to get an auto electrician to delete the clocks.

You should speak to Andy outhwait,he modified my loom and ecu. Everything works on oe clocks Made life a lot easer, really helpful bloke. I don't have his number but sure it can be found on Google.

Why have the hassle of having to use the clocks when you can have the immobiliser deleted for £100 or so? The rest goes in easily then.

anyone help me? got the AUQ Lump in mine and gearbox went last night, its currently running the mk3 golf tdi gearbox , is this a good setup or not? whats best gearbox to use and is simple to do that all parts etc can be traced today and fitted today. cheers

Hi all, I have a agu with a k03s on a 1990 so no cat. It running a bit lumpy and a small amount of black smoke was going to change the maf but dont know which to go for? Would the turbo upgrade mean needing a different maf? Thank you for any help

Hi all thought it best to post in here than start a new thread.I'm looking at putting the BAM engine into my valver. I'm aiming to buy a complete Audi TT as I also want the seats. If I do this do I have to use Qpengs system or could I modify the original loom. And would I need to buy anything else for the conversion? Cheers

Hi all thought it best to post in here than start a new thread.I'm looking at putting the BAM engine into my valver. I'm aiming to buy a complete Audi TT as I also want the seats. If I do this do I have to use Qpengs system or could I modify the original loom. And would I need to buy anything else for the conversion? Cheers

Good choice! You can use a standalone sytem such as QPeng. This way means you can retain a cable throttle body and will be much easier to wire in. Also have the gains of a standalone ECU etc. Downsides being bit rough when cold, no fault codes etc, no knock sensors taken into account or what not too and so forth. My mate runs it on his AUM K03s and its at 240bhp and shifts very well, so it is a good bit of kit.

You can use the standard ECU. If you fancy doing the wiring yourself, "Rubjonny" does a very good guide on how to do it. Otherwise, either pay him to do the loom for you or I actually do similar in my spare time now (I've made various 1.8t looms to go into mk1's, mk2's, mk3's, Corrado's etc). If you go down this route, you will have to modify your pedalbox to accept the mk4 golf accelerator pedal as it is DBW (electronic throttle body). I've done this on mine as i'm running an AUQ DBW 1.8t. It's quite a simple bracket welded onto the pedalbox.

Benefits of this method - Can still be mapped through the vagcom port, you can see the fault codes etc for the engine and it takes into account all of the engines sensors and what not. Downside, you could say even with mapping it's not as powerful, but a simple map will take you to 280bhp so still bleddy good for standard ECU! There are also many other pro's/cons of both. Worth a google!

Other than that, a good idea would be to run a G60 flywheel with VR6 clutch, bin off the dual mass flywheel! I'm running a diesel gearbox, however your 16v box could be used still.

Downpipes can be bought from Q-Peng or trackslag.

Upgrade your radiator to a bigger one, my 16v one was not up to the job!

Upgrade your brakes too, minimum G60 brakes really.

FMIC, Intake pipe etc will also be beneficial.

Any other help just say

How do you guys deal with the wheelspin. I cant put power down in 1st or second. Ive jacked rthe suspension so the car leans onto the front wheels. Got wide 16" wheels with good tyres. Soon as the turbo is in spin wet or dry.

How do you guys deal with the wheelspin. I cant put power down in 1st or second. Ive jacked rthe suspension so the car leans onto the front wheels. Got wide 16" wheels with good tyres. Soon as the turbo is in spin wet or dry.

I use a Mk3 tdi gearbox. Handles the torque much better. Might spin in first dependant on tracking, won't spin 2nd and pulls well.

My old 16v box used to spin 1-3rd and try to pull me into a hedge. Tdi boxes are the way forward

I use a Mk3 tdi gearbox. Handles the torque much better. Might spin in first dependant on tracking, won't spin 2nd and pulls well.

My old 16v box used to spin 1-3rd and try to pull me into a hedge. Tdi boxes are the way forward

i'll second the tdi gearbox. as dave says and also much better for motorway cruising, nice long 5th gear

Hi there looking for a detailed guide to dropping 1.8t in a corrado.. Seen some stuff online suggesting its not one of the harder swaps but would love a guide for dummies like me! Also is there a complete conversion kinda kit that I can buy? Seen these q Peng guys on line but their site seems dead!

Help me pop my conversion cherry.. Be gentle.

Thanks my homies

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk