junkie

The Forced Induction 20V Thread

A good place to discuss your 20vt conversions and any issues you may have with running etc.

Just for vwdeviant it should be a sticky as more people are running them in Corrado's.

A good place to discuss your 20vt conversions and any issues you may have with running etc.

Just for vwdeviant it should be a sticky as more people are running them in Corrado's.

Beat me to it.. ;)

May aswell Sticky toffee pudding it ;-)

At this rate we'll have all manner of Forced induction threads. "The forced induction Aga thread", "The forced induction Flymo thread" and so on.... :lol:

hey , gues this is the correct place to post this so here goes lol , were can i get a remap and what do i need for my 20vt , its the 180bhp from the cupra , any idea what they cost and if there are diferent sorts of mapping? also what sorts of econimy gains or losses and bhp gains should i expect? many thanks (used to a valver). mistrall xx

Try the likes of Revo etc for Generic remaps, pretty much load and go.

Or if you want a specific remap for your engine which is more useful for an engine with a few bolt on goodies then try the likes of Jabbasport/Stealth etc for a custom remap.

All thats needed either way is your wallet lightened between £350-£500.

Most 1.8T remaps are done over the serial port as 180 and 225 ECUs have a checksum state, which means it will shut itself down if it detects any changes in the maps. It is possible to live map a 1.8T, so long as you use an emulator and delete the checksum error checker. I don't know who can do that though!

Jabbasport have an emulator and they map 20v's all day sure they could help, its mainly Michael Truluck who is the 20v mapping man who you should chat to.

I can personally recommend Custom-Code, and they now have a mobile service that'll come to your house. My Leon has the same AUQ engine as your Corrado and it's so much fun since the remap. Fuel economy hasn't really changed, unless you start regularly using the extra 60+bhp and 80+lbft. VAGCheck in Staines are a Custom-Code agent too, and probably not that far away.

Final gains will depend entirely on your other mods. If the engine is standard or lightly modified then a stage one generic map is probably the way ahead. Stage two generic maps account for intake and exhaust mods and offer more power, or there are bespoke custom maps available. You'll probably be better off getting the car custom mapped as it's an engine conversion.

also , (nooby question) , i have a boost guage that measures upto 1psi , but there is a red bar at 0.8psi , are these accurate and should i be staying out of the red or can i floor her ocasionly?

Alright mate, it will boost to around 0.6 standard which is fine and normall you can drive it as hard as you like. with the remap you'l be looking at around 1.2-1.3 bar and id recomend a custom code for the c as the revo may say its custom but is still a generic map whereas the cc is to the car. Hope you enjoy her as im missing her and so board

HEY MATE , THANKS FOR THE REPLAY AND THE INFO :) YOU HAVE SET MY MIND AT REST (CAPS IS STUCK)

ILL LOOK AFTER HER DONT WORY :) SHES NOT GOING TO BE RAGGED ;)

Alright mate, it will boost to around 0.6 standard which is fine and normall you can drive it as hard as you like. with the remap you'l be looking at around 1.2-1.3 bar and id recomend a custom code for the c as the revo may say its custom but is still a generic map whereas the cc is to the car. Hope you enjoy her as im missing her and so board

Custome Code is a generic map too, the CC2 is the tailor made one and last time I got quoted was in the region of £500!!!

Swings and roundabouts, If my GT28RS dunt come off I'll probably go REVO as the dealer is 5min from my house, the Nearest CC dealer is 2 hours away!

my local dealer also said that the revo is more aggresive but dies earlyer in boost where as the cc map is consistant and will pull all the way, id go for the cc as its hard enough to get the power down as it is unless you go lsd.

Custome Code is a generic map too, the CC2 is the tailor made one and last time I got quoted was in the region of £500!!!

Swings and roundabouts, If my GT28RS dunt come off I'll probably go REVO as the dealer is 5min from my house, the Nearest CC dealer is 2 hours away!

I had my Leon stage two C-C mapped by their mobile service. James drove all the way from JBS in Chesterfield to map the car on my drive for no extra cost. I have no complaints about the map whatsoever.

my local dealer also said that the revo is more aggresive but dies earlyer in boost where as the cc map is consistant and will pull all the way, id go for the cc as its hard enough to get the power down as it is unless you go lsd.

My C-C map is fairly aggressive too, if I'm honest. Wheelspin is the order of the day now, especially with the current weather. I'd struggle to beat a 1.2 Corsa off the line in the damp/wet.

I had my Leon stage two C-C mapped by their mobile service. James drove all the way from JBS in Chesterfield to map the car on my drive for no extra cost. I have no complaints about the map whatsoever.

Where are you based relative to JBS though? I'm in Darlington, Plus when I enquired about a CC Phase 2 JBS said they'd need my car for 2 days :shock:

antone have any idea on the rough dimensions of the g60 fmic or know what size will fit in without moding the front im about to sit my tt engine in cheers :D

any ideas on what sort of size i mite need for running around 270 bhp

Stock G60 IC is about 10" tall, 5" deep and 7" wide.

I found it drops about 4psi, so it's not the most efficient IC in the world but being a side mount, it's well away from any sources of heat. Should be OK up to 270hp. You'll get better results with a larger one though, particularly in the midrange torque.

Sorry Kev i disagree, its poor on a standard car never mind 270bhp.

I do agree bigger is always better though.

Just noticed he was asking about the G60 FMIC so it's irrelevant now anyway.

My S/C VR6 made over 280hp with a G60 side mount IC so they can't be that bad.