Sign in to follow this  
madscientist

Forum member gg7aph paid up

Had some wheels for sale on here for £80 but they where at my mates house miles away from where i live. Told him he can pick them up from my mates and just give him the money. Found out today he only gave him £60. GG7aph then said cant blame him for chancing his luck! Gypo! i know its only £20 but its the fact he did it cos i was not there!

Thank you Dr_Mat...exactly my feelings on this.

MadScientist - If you'd asked your friend to sell them on your behalf you should have told him not to talk less than 80 quid.

Feel free to read the thread and private message below - MadScientist may have liked 80 quid but nowhere did we agree a price. Nowhere does he mention that I to talk to 3 different people - non of which were the actual seller, just mates - and then when I got there the bloke in the house was actually asleep and I had to knock to wake him up. When i did find the property I was also forced to climb over piles of junk in his garage to get to them.

If a price had been agreed I would have honoured it, but it hadn't so i simply made the fella an offer and he took it.

original thread:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=62057&p=739042#p739042

(Edited for security) Private Messages

Re: VR6 speedlines

Sent at: 08.11.2007, 18:59

by gg7aph

Hi,

I've got his number (and your cash). If you want to tell him I'm be there before noon on Saturday and will call him a little beforehand to make sure he's out of bed.

Thanks

* Quote madscientist

Sent at: 02.11.2007, 12:24

by madscientist

Its ******,

Cheers

Sent at: 02.11.2007, 11:27

by gg7aph

I should be there before noon....but will keep in touch to let you/him know. What's his name?

thanks

Sent at: 01.11.2007, 15:34

by madscientist

Yes mate that will be fine:

His address is:

18 ******** ******

Blackburn

Lancs

BB* ***

tel: ************

Will it take you long to get there? Just give us a ring when you set off then i can make sure someone will be there to meet you.

cheers

Subject: VR6 speedlines

gg7aph wrote:

Hi - I can come and pick these up on Saturday 10th Nov from your mate in Blackburn. If you check with him that this is okay and then PM me his address and phone.

Thanks

gg7aph

But they were for sale for £80 were they not?

TBH I think it's a bit off paying only £60 for a set of good wheels - £80 is dirt cheap and you'd get £50 down the scrap yard!

I can see both sides of the argument. However, if the price is £80 and he says he'll take them, I think he should pay the asking price that he's agreed to. Although the seller should really have prepared his friend better.

I've got his number (and your cash). If you want to tell him I'm be there before noon on Saturday and will call him a little beforehand to make sure he's out of bed

Reading this it seems to suggest that "got your cash means your £80 " ie the asking price for the wheels.

Not I`ve got your £60.

Pay the man his extra £20

Sounds like a piss-take to me. If you knew the asking price it's a bit out of order haggling with some dude who was just there to give you access to the wheels. Poor show.

I think thats poor work gg7aph. I'd be livid if that happened to me.

Fair enough madscientist's mate might be a bit of a donut, and should have known the price, but I think you took advantage of that fact....

Thank you Dr_Mat...exactly my feelings on this.

I didn't say I thought you'd done the right thing there, just that the seller should have kept his mate informed better .. !

It appears this all boils down to a misunderstanding .. gg7aph thought that he'd agreed to turn up, look at the wheels and make an offer. madscientist thought he'd sold them in a fixed price sale (which is what the forum dictates by the way).. The two never told the guy in the middle what their take on it was (which was pretty dumb!).

So, whatever the truth is, IMHO gg7aph you ought to do the right thing and either take the wheels back get your £60 and walk away or cough up the extra £20.

So, whatever the truth is, IMHO gg7aph you ought to do the right thing and either take the wheels back get your £60 and walk away or cough up the extra £20.

Well said.

MadScientist may have liked 80 quid but nowhere did we agree a price.

Well - other than the asking price of the item, which we make people post up on ALL for sale items for reasons just like this!

Not sure I agree with all the comments here. For example, most cars for sale have an asking price - are you all honestly telling me you go and look at a car and just pay that price?

And regarding parts prices on the forum, again there is an asking price - but whenever I've listed parts - regardless of whether or not I've stated I'm open to offers - I nearly always get asked if I'll take less. Don't see any real difference here - other than it wasn't the guy selling the parts that made the final decision.

Oh, and IMHO £80 for speedlines that need a refurb and only have 2 legal tyres is NOT a bargain. Have you tried selling speedlines recently? I have! £60 seems about right to me! Without tyres, the going rate seems to be £10 each! A damned sight cheaper than when I was buying a couple of years back.

The point is that he agreed to buy them.

............I'll come to blackburn to pick them up this weekend

For something that costs £80, you'd make any negotiations on price before making the journey, unless there was something wrong with them, which doesn't appear to be the case.

He just tried, and succeeded, to pull a fast one. There's nothing to suggest otherwise. Whether it was a good price or not, he agreed to purchase them and made no (public) attempt to negotiate on price.

Oh, and IMHO £80 for speedlines that need a refurb and only have 2 legal tyres is NOT a bargain.

Doesn't matter what price they were at or whether it was a bargain or not. He knew they were £80.

Bad karma, gg7aph look at all the negative views on U. All for the sake of twenty quid.. hope ur wheels drop off :pukeleft: