KIPVW

Kip's Members Thread

I like it - just needs the Olympic rings on the bonnet now and your're all set for 2012!

Should have gone monochrome though :lol:

Not sure it works on a silver car though matey as i think it needs to be dark coloured to work :?

I like it - just needs the Olympic rings on the bonnet now and your're all set for 2012!

Dont think it'll be on for that long Vaughan :lol:

Just been reading the corrado book my other half got me for xmas and noticed the feature on your car taken from classic car.Liked the review but not sure about the comment on the corrado having no soul! :shock: Keep up the good work :salute:

Terry

Cheers. If I had known that existed I'd have got it him for Christmas...

Not that he doesn't already have a few copies of the article in the mag itself!

Some sad news today :( a friend of mine has sadly died in an accident at home and i just cant believe it!

He was a customer in the cycle shop i worked at and as we chatted about things in general when he became a regular it seemed we had a lot in common, we both had VW's Tim has a old beetle and we were both fellow who fans so actually went to see a few bands now and then as well as quite a few rides on the bike too.

He worked as a postman then his lucky break came a few years ago when fellow sheffield legend and long term friend of Tim's Richard hawley recomended him to Jarvis Cocker as his replacement as Richard wanted to go solo for a while.

Imagine how he must have felt to be given the job of touring the world and living the high life when weeks before you were getting up at 4 am to deliver mail.

He was the most modest man you would ever meet and never bigged himself up, he just used to say he got a lucky break.

He was a superb rider too and put me in some serious pain on more occasions than i can remember.

His first child was born on the 9th of January this year.

Such a tragedy.

Miss you already dude. :(

http://www.thestar.co.uk/headlines/Shef ... 6083296.jp

http://www.daretobecreative.co.uk/profiles/tim.php

Paul, really sorry to hear this news, mate :( Yet again, another reminder to live for the moment. Keep your chin up, matey.

That's appalling news mate.. :( I think the old saying (though not quite the same) applies here.. it's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all! I think the same kind of sentiment can apply to good friends as well.

Yeah gotta agree with the comment, we just never know how long we are here for :( I cant help thinking things just aren't right though somewhere.

To have the world at your own feet doing what he always wanted to do and then have a six week old daughter then have to dissapear forever! Big Sigh!

Well a very busy day not doing much other than fitting the petrol tank straps which have been refurbed along with the original bolts which have been zinc plated as they were before they went manky.

A few more jobs to do before Stanford Hall super class :brickwall:

Quite pleased with the results if i'm honest and Bruney has a lot to answer for :lol:

i dont like you kip.... i want your car... lets swap and i'll be your friend again...

sound good? :norty:

:lol: Sorry Kris, hope yours is getting back to full health too and i have to say me & jude were quite jelous about the silver VR you took bits off :norty:

Good call there mate.

i dont like you kip.... i want your car... lets swap and i'll be your friend again...

sound good? :norty:

:lol: Sorry Kris, hope yours is getting back to full health too and i have to say me & jude were quite jelous about the silver VR you took bits off :norty:

Good call there mate.

yeah! really was a diamond in the rough!

shame to let such a good car get crushed tho... :(

alright matey just a quick question? whats the black above the straps?

I wish I had got mine coated not as dont look half as good as yours :(

But hey it never will :lol: So I think I should stop dreaming :lol:

Think you mean just body colour bit mate where the underseal got painted B-)

:brickwall: must have been a long night or still is sorry stupid me never crossed my mind :brickwall:

Good work kip at least i wont get mark down for all the gold nuts and bolts on the rear beam, now youve got those tank strap bolts coated. :D

how did you get on at stanford hall?