Sign in to follow this  
Chris Langdon

Problem supersprint back box on vr6

I fitted my new supersprint back box the other day, thinkin it would be quiet easy but the very last hanger is causing problems so in the end i had to modify it by means of sticking a long bolt through it and putting the rubber mount to the left of the mount to get it to fit.

i think pic 5 shows the problem i have

has any body else had this problem??? any help i would be most gratful

regards

Chris Langdon

Yeah, I have exactly the same problem and solved it in exactly the same way!

You'll either need to take it to a decent exhaust place to get them to fabricate a mount, either that or a mount from a Metro can be used although the stud doesn't look like it'll withstand much.....

Same here. I heated the hanger bar on the back box with an welding torch and hammered it into place so that it would fit the standard hanger arrangements properly.

Vince said the Supersprint boxes aren't normally like that. All the ones he's fitted have bolted straight on, so god knows what SS have been doing to them.

thanks guys, didnt know if it was my back box, demon tweeks the people i brought it off said they would spend me another one but seems like it would just come the same, i have also noticed that the inner tube is slight off to the left (needs turning a couple of degrees to the right) is any one elses like it? im just a bit peeved that the back box was a lot of money so it such come right!!!

could some one please post a pic of the tweaks/ mods (ie bracket hanger) they have done to get theres to fit, so i know what i have to do to mine

many thanks

Chris L

P.S if i heat the hanger end up and bend it will that effest the warranty on the back box???