Sign in to follow this  
The_Dude

VR6 quick update and stories of woe :(

Well after nearly 1000 posts and this being my second 'rado I thought I should get some photos up.

A bit of history first:

In 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue. No, wait, I meant car history.

The first ever car I had was a battered Mk1 Goof and I was the 14th owner. This is the only photo I have of it, when it was parked up and dead. Note the ironic Max Power sticker in the rear window. It struggled to get to 60.

Golf2.jpg

After that I had a couple of Astras, but then came back to the fold.

My first C was a 1.8 valver that I had for about a year till someone went up the back of it when it was parked and wrote it off. :( I loved that car, it was perfect, everything worked and the previous owner had replaced all the suspension parts about 6 months before I got it so it handled like a dream. Oh well.

Corrado.jpg

Now I have a 94 Moonlight Blue VR6 with about 115k on the clock. I've had it 6 maybe 7 months now. I haven't really changed anything yet, apart from DDI dials, geting rid of the colour coded eyebrow grill for a de-badged black one and a nice stereo.

Its lowered on some unknown yellow and reds, but early next year the savings are being raided and some nice coillies are going on. The alloys are 18s and i think they're TT wheels, definitely VAG anyway, and I like the modern look it gives the car without making it seem modded. The lights on the rears are getting changed at some point for some all red or maybe smoked, I'm not sure which yet.

Other plans are to change the gear knob for an OE one (done), steering wheel, get a cat back exhaust, BMC (done), bigger brakes (done)and (in my dreams) a supercharger (and done! :clap: ) and respray.

Here she is, in a rare state of being clean.

PC230005.jpg

PC230002.jpg

PC230004.jpg

PC230003-1.jpg

PC230006.jpg

PC230007.jpg

PC230009.jpg

And now with forum sitckers!

PC230011.jpg

nice Raddo bud,not keen on 18's look like its on stilts,still is 8)

I'm quite taken with the wheels. Think they suit her.

Love moonlight too...

Aha! Controversy! :D

Cheers Toad. Yes the wheels are big but I have come round to them after seeing them more and more. I think you will too CorradoVR6-n.o.s :D

Lovin the car my friend, espically the wheels and german plates, big favourites of mine! ive got 17in BBS splitys on my moonlightblue rado and your alloys look massive compared to mine???!!

lovely motor - where did you get your plates?

They were on the car when I got it, but you can get them from here from just under 30 squid.

There's a few other places on t'interweb that do them too.

Cheers for all the positive comments guys.

Done a few bits and bobs recently, just getting the interior looking a bit less shabby.

From this:

Image005.jpg

Image006.jpg

To flat controls and no chavvy gearknob!

Image0041.jpg

Heater controls, the one that was slightly more broken got cannibalised.

Image0012.jpg

Oh yeah, BIG thanks to Toad for the temporary gearknob before I got a new one and r4-ge for a the heater box. :salute:

She's getting there slowly....next up, fitting of strut brace next weekend. Ooooh! :cheers:

Oh yeah, BIG thanks to Toad for the temporary gearknob before I got a new one and r4-ge for a the heater box. :salute:

She's getting there slowly....next up, fitting of strut brace next weekend. Ooooh! :cheers:

looking very nice mate, and what ya mean your not doing the strut brace till next weekend?? it only takes about 15minutes to fit. :)

I know, but after a day at work the last thing I wanna do is work on my car no matter how easy. That's what weekends are for and I won't be using the car till then anyway. She's a weekend toy not a daily hack. As for why I didn't do it yesterday or saturday is a bit of a mystery, but it is in my bedroom which I don't really go in during the day...........lame excuses. I'm just a lazy git. :lol:

Gorgeous car matey! Love the colour... The one I...ahem.... "liberated" was Moonlight also, but you could barely tell under the grime.

Ta. Don't suppose you've still got the drivers door? Mine doesn't look it in the photos, but its quite badly bubbled with rust. Winter has not been kind to it.

Really nice car buddy, loving the wheels, do they scrape at all? What suspension are you using?

Ta. Don't suppose you've still got the drivers door? Mine doesn't look it in the photos, but its quite badly bubbled with rust. Winter has not been kind to it.

Fraid not matey, didn't take the doors with the shell. You could try Danny Allen and see if he still has them, but I think he scrapped everything that was left :(

Really nice car buddy, loving the wheels, do they scrape at all? What suspension are you using?

The rears rub a little (as in the writing has rubbed off but no more) and the fronts have been rolled so no issues there. Not sure what she's on, its not standard, but some coillies are going on in the new tax year so we'll see what happens there.

Just taken delivery of some go-faster parts, not going to say what as it may take a while to get fitted, but I'm excited!

looking really good mate, i like that alot, wheels really work well with the car and colour, makes me want to get some crystal lights for the rear :?

Slowly accumulating parts so I can put this on!

Image012.jpg[/attachment:17g47q3c]

Picked up some new gaskets from VW and have got a 70 deg stat.

Not much more to go now, just really need the oil cooler and that's almost it, a few more doodads to get after that. Oh, and saving for the remap after the 263s are put in - I shall be off to see the man himself at Stealth.

She is nearly mechanically ready, after that it will be brakes and zorst, then onto bodywork....already got another moonlight door lined up to replace the lump of rust that befouls the drivers side. Just wondering if it will fit in the boot or not.....

Got her back today after having geo done. The Wietecs are fitted and she's damn low and handling like nothing i've felt before, I'm able to go through corners at a more rapid rate now. :clap:

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfImage011.jpg[/attachment:3rab3xq9]

Front:

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfImage008.jpg[/attachment:3rab3xq9]

Rears:

Image009.jpg[/attachment:3rab3xq9]

Its actually lower than it looks, if i poke my finger under the arch it won't fit!

Bit like me really.

I was a bit too busy driving to take any pics, but here's the figures after proper mapping:

292.8 bhp

255.1 lb/ft

:grin: