Sign in to follow this  
staffs_til_i_die

Mk5 GTI alloys on a C anyone?

Thinking of putting some Mk5 Golf GTI alloys on my C. Saw some on a Mk4 the other day and really liked it. Haven't started looking at whether they'll fit yet (no doubt mine will need adapters as it's a 4 stud Valver) but wondered if anyone has seen this. Tried a bit of photochopping the other day but didn't get very far.

I believe they're 5x112 so not exactly a direct fit but companies do replica's...

you can do this by first converting to 5 stud, then buying adaptors which are easily available from 5x100 -> 5x112.

You can get 4x100 -> 5x112 adaptors but they are two pieces and you wouldn't catch me dead using them.

I mocked it up on dubmodder when it was still free as I wanted to fit them, changed my mind now.

216312210_3087db230b.jpg

You can get 4x100 -> 5x112 adaptors but they are two pieces and you wouldn't catch me dead using them.

Or indeed catch you dead if you were...

Aren't the "proper" ones 18x8's too?

Im sure the Polo GTI had 17's too but unsure of stud pattern, if its anything like my Mrs 1'2 polo then its 5 x 100

There were some 17" on ed 38 recently refinished in anthracite with tyres for £350, adapters 5x100to5x112 run at £150 or so. The guy had them fitted to his mk3 GTI so they should go on a corrado with adaptor.

I was very tempted.

They're available in 7x16, 5 x 100 on the MK7 Polo GTI and 17" (standard) and 18" 5x112 on the MK5.

I don't know the widths on the MK5 flavours.

If using 5x112 to 5x100 adapters, the offset of the MK5 wheel needs to be at least 60 or it won't work on the Corrado. If the MK5 rims are ET35 (and I have a feeling they are), then 20mm adapters will take the ET to 15, and 25mm will take it to 10. Both totally won't work on the C.