Sign in to follow this  
VRSteveA

Hello All

Hi all - Hows things?

Just a quick introduction.

My names Steve - my daily driver is a 160hp Skoda Fabia VRS (mock all you like, I love it!)

I live in a village just outsde Hull, East Yorkshire and love Dubs.

I'm looking for a track car and would lobe a Corrado but its finding one at my budget so thought i'd browse your forum and have a look.

There are some stunning cars here - muchos respect!

Thats it for now

Steve

Welcome.

Please post some pics- the un-cultured US kids like myself don't have much of an idea what a Skodia is until we google it :lol:

I'll get some pictures sorted soon

Mine is pretty similar to that. Altho I don't have those wheels I just have the standard ones...for now!

Mines the same silver with the added Seat lower splitter at the front.

Mine is remapped with a Dragon UK box - its a plug and play unit with 7 settings - i'm on 6 (7 being most power) as when its on 7 it smokes too much and isn't as good to drive.

Steve

Welcome matey, we're all a friendly bunch here, the fact you have a Skoda is good - VAG all the way! If you had a Ford on the other hand...... :lol: :lol:

You'll find its a buyers market at the moment, lots of cars being broken recently means prices have tumbled, with only the g60 keeping its price. So you could probably pick up a VR6 project for not too much. There's a great buyers guide in the Knowledge Base link and tons of general info too, so check it out.

Welcome.. :D

this might sound daft but,

considering the limited availability of body panels/parts in general for the C, i would probably use the skoda as a track car, then buy a decent VR or G60 for everyday or weekend use....lol only joking...nice VRS tho, we get a few of those in work, and they are suprisingly quick, although i think they are a bit on the heavy side.

best of luck finding a C...

Welcome aboard :)

Depending on what you're looking for in a track car, I suspect a Corrado isn't the most sensible choice. Anything to do with bodywork is hideously expensive and they're not cheap cars to start with.

Obviously they're far cooler than most track nails, but a 205 GTI or Mk1/Mk2 Goof are much better value for money to use as track nails.

Strip 'em out, cage them, put race seats in, upgrade the brakes and you're pretty much set.

Nice cars, my brother in law (sort of) has one. I haven't seen the rims in that colour before though.

The rims on that one are Octavia ones resprayed a custom anthrcite

Steve

Nice cars, my brother in law (sort of) has one. I haven't seen the rims in that colour before though.

Is he sort of your brother in law or sort of has a Skoda