VR6 South

VR6 South's Corrado History Another Addition p4

After being off the road since E38 the Corrado flew through it's MOT today now sporting Mk 4 rear calipers. Not even an advisory :D :D

good to hear that yours has sailed through the MOT :) I'm too much a realist to even dream of mine not having advisories

100_0954.jpg

100_0955.jpg

100_0956.jpg

100_0957.jpg

My latest purchase. One owner and driver from new. Full main dealer history, every bill and MOT and best of all only 74k. I pick the Golf up at the end of the month once the current owner has collected his newn Scirroco :D :D :D :D

I purchased another GTI a couple of weeks ago as a daily but it will have to go now as I don't want to upset the neighbours :(

I'll stick details in the for sale section as soon as I can get some pics.

How did you get the bay looking so nice mate?

Keep thinking I should show my underbonnet some loving but it just looks like such a big job I dont ever start LOL

Matt

looks like a decent motor mate! is this to keep the C off the road a bit?!

The C has been wrapped up for the winter. The golf is too good to use as a daily. I think I'll have to walk to work :lol:

How did you get the bay looking so nice mate?

Keep thinking I should show my underbonnet some loving but it just looks like such a big job I dont ever start LOL

Matt

I've just kept on top of it over the years and I must admit to taking the C off the road for the past few winters. Thanks for the nice comment :)

I've just kept on top of it over the years and I must admit to taking the C off the road for the past few winters. Thanks for the nice comment :)

Pants no hope for me then without a lot of work and money chucked at it LOL

Get some pics up of the outside of the car as well :)

Very tidy indeed 8) My sill plates have a 'Corrado' embossed onto them whereas yours are plain (albeit ribbed :norty: ) Are yours original VAG?

Very tidy indeed 8) My sill plates have a 'Corrado' embossed onto them whereas yours are plain (albeit ribbed :norty: ) Are yours original VAG?

Yes, I believe they are the later type.

Martin, excellent news that you managed to get the Golf! So you persuaded him to sell then lol! Shame the other one has to go now but looks like a good result in the end, it looks lovely :)

looks a cracking job, neve knew you had a grey vr, and oh my word does it look immaculate shame you got rid..

still need that relay?

A couple of pics of my new daily. Just had a go at wet sanding and polishing, it has totally lifted the original paint finish and removed all the orange peel effect :)

100_2090.jpg

100_2091.jpg

Been out for a drive, sweated buckets in the leather seats :) , and took a few more pics as the Corrado is going back to the Body Shop to have some niggles sorted next week

100_2217.jpg

100_2218.jpg

100_2223.jpg

100_2224.jpg

100_2226.jpg

Very happy today as the Corrado has just flown through another MOT. That's at least 10 in a row :clap: . I had a few advisories last time which were not picked up this time :) The guy who did it last year has a reputation for being the most thorough in the area.

very good news mate! i want to know how it feels to of kept a car for 10 years! lol what mileage is she on?

very good news mate! i want to know how it feels to of kept a car for 10 years! lol what mileage is she on?

126k. I only covered 355 miles last year :nono: Must try harder this year :)

how many have you done in the car? i bet you must of done most of them that she has done!?

Decided to refurb The Golf's rear brakes for want of something to do. All parts sourced from TPS with the exception of the handbrake cables from Euro Car Pats as they are obsolete from VW :shrug:

Before

100_4784.jpg

Powder coating

100_4807.jpg

Work in progress

100_4788.jpg

100_4808.jpg

End result :D

100_4810.jpg

The next step will be to retro fit PAS.

Your blue vr6 looks so tidy!! I wish mine was the same. haha!

I only covered 355 miles last year :nono: Must try harder this year :)

But I guess the mileage you do kind of explains why.

A bit of an update on the Golf (Corrado still in the garage under wraps)I had a few bodywork niggles which I just had to get sorted. It was nothing major just bits such as bird sh!t etching on the roof which annoyed me each time I cleaned it. Also took the opportunity to have a new windscreen fitted although they are now obsolete from VW!!!

I'll let the pics do the talking.....

101_8905.jpg

101_8913.jpg

101_8917.jpg101_8922.jpg

101_8921.jpg101_8923.jpg

101_8925.jpg