Sign in to follow this  
kaiserVR6

does your car beep??

er not had my rado long but it did something strange last night and today, was driving it pretty hard and went into a round about, accelerated out of the apex and as i did the car begin to make a beep, beep, beep sound, any ideas anyone??

so its worth checking the oil or the next noise you hear will be a garage till cha ching ing :lol:

^^^ for noobs who don't know how to fix stuff :lol:

Really! I suppose i am "new" on here at least.....but i think over the last 18 years and after owning 5 mk1`s, a heavily tuned Rallye, a VR6 and now a Corrado G60 i kind of know my way around a VW now, so the suposition of someones new-ness meaning they dont know how to fix something is typical and very presumptuous i suppose.

theres not many people about who can dedicate time & money to rebuild their oil starved blown engine on a driveway is there? especially a vr6 one!

some people listen some are just waiting to talk :D

Calm down fella :lol: you need another p in supposition too.

I bet a lot of people would like to be able to DIY rather than throw hundreds at a garage :D

better get used to fixing stuff yourself, it is a corrado after all.

anyways, off-topic.

Any updates original poster?

Dont tell me to calm down you patronising little oik student...........you took the thread off topic with your "noob" jibe

I merely pointed out that the guy needed to check his oil level first, BEFORE he worried about sensors and such like, its buzzing for a reason! and the simplest one is low oil level, not some techy guess search on a myssterious sensor somewhere! it could also be just down the sleus effect of cornering due to his speed, taking oil from the pick up momentarily

I'm the biggest noob here, it was a joke o_O

With regards to the VR6 oil pressure sensors, do they have a high pressure and a low pressure switch like the 16vs do, or do they work slightly differently?

Handbags down Kiddies.... :lol:

Could be low level oil, could be send gone O/S, could be broken pick up pipe... and a million other things..

Now sit back exhale count to 10..... and breathe....

Now where's the next BBS-RS thread I can have a rant on! :lol:

*goes to his happy place*

lake.JPG

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't VR6s have baffled sumps as standard? That would obviously help with oil sluicing from one side of the pan to the other.

Sorted, whoever suggested the spade connection would be the winner of 10 points in this category......and i am an engineer, the have a go type, so basically i wouldnt go to the garage unless it was on the back of an AA truck 8)

now now children less of the arguing, didnt want to start a war :lol:

VRs don't have a baffled sump. And I want to look up a picture of a BDSM dungeon to suggest as an alternative "happy place" but my work computer won't let me. :(

Love the oik reference.

The VRs have a high and low pressure sender arrangement too. These switches have a habit of breaking up though and leaking oil out the top around the spade connection when they age.

VRs don't have a baffled sump. And I want to look up a picture of a BDSM dungeon to suggest as an alternative "happy place" but my work computer won't let me. :(

Love the oik reference.

The VRs have a high and low pressure sender arrangement too. These switches have a habit of breaking up though and leaking oil out the top around the spade connection when they age.

are they the single spades with the rubber cover over them? mine used to leak like a mofo.

Yup, they're the ones.

I lost about 3l in 5 miles or so through mine. so they're well worth repalcing sooner rather than later.

When my sender failed it had managed to empty about half of the oil in about 1/4 of a mile, all over the inside of the bonnet

Sorted, whoever suggested the spade connection would be the winner of 10 points in this category

*takes a bow*

Glad it was nothing serious

When my sender failed it had managed to empty about half of the oil in about 1/4 of a mile, all over the inside of the bonnet

Mine was particularly grubby when I removed it, so not wanting any foreign bodies to be in the oil when I replaced the sender I got Goldie to turn it over.

Several minutes later he'd finished laughing and I'd got the last of the oil off my face. :) :lol:

Mine was particularly grubby when I removed it, so not wanting any foreign bodies to be in the oil when I replaced the sender I got Goldie to turn it over.

Several minutes later he'd finished laughing and I'd got the last of the oil off my face. :) :lol:

ROFL. How many bar is the oil pressure again? :lol:

ROFL. How many bar is the oil pressure again? :lol:

Enough to hit my face quite hard at 2 feet!!