Sign in to follow this  
toon vw

Blackberry Valver- passed it MOT HEY HEY

Well i just could'nt resist it...... :lol: :lol:

Picked this up from our classifides yesterday, it was local, it had leather, say no more :lol:

So i struck a deal with the owner & handed over some of my hard earned & drove off with a very nice Blackberry valver, its got no tax or mot but that did'nt worry me too much as i saw the reams of history the car came with & the owner told me it had'nt failed an mot it just lapsed about a month ago as he was a bit pre occupied with his new R32, so its booked in on tues afternoon, so fingers crossed :lol:

I was in the market for a vr6 again but as for the reasons above i just thought hey...what the hell.

Don't know what my plans are yet, if any, i'll just see what happens i suppose.....but i'm still in the market for a VR that is definate :lol: :lol:

Anyway here's a couple of the new aquisition after a sponging, oh & its on supersport coilovers but no idea how much its been lowered (anyone hazard a guess?), alot by the state of the front spoiler 8) ,17" wolfrace Kendo wheels, a mitek exhaust system & oh did i mention the lovely heated leather interior :lol: :lol:

Oh & its currently on 95k miles with a fully stamped up service book & an A4 binder full of reciepts from new !

Steal :lol: :lol: :lol:

It looked good in the Ad I bet its even better in the metal.

Young guy across the road from me is looking for one,but you beat us to this :(

Thanks for the comments guys, its MOT day tomorrow & i suppose i'll know if i got a bargain or not after that....but i'll update on here after the MOT.

It was definately a steal. I couldn't believe the price and it looks amazing for the money.

If you're lusting for a bit more power (seeing as you were after a VR) you might want to consider the KR cams for sale in the Classifieds.. they really do make a different on the 2.0 16v! I've owned one with and one without the KR and could immediately tell the difference!

It was definately a steal. I couldn't believe the price and it looks amazing for the money.

If you're lusting for a bit more power (seeing as you were after a VR) you might want to consider the KR cams for sale in the Classifieds.. they really do make a different on the 2.0 16v! I've owned one with and one without the KR and could immediately tell the difference!

Funny you should say that... :lol:

I'm waiting for a p&p price for the kr cams that are advertised now, don't know if its a big job to change em over tho' (in garage time)

Well it was MOT day today at 1pm so i got there in plenty time about 12.30, when i pulled up to the garage i saw all the shutters were down so i parked up & went into the office where all the mechanics where sitting drinking coffee, apparently the wind is so bad that 2 years ago when the wind was similar when the shutters were open it ripped the roof off :shock: so they can't risk it again so all the work is being cancelled today & they can't get me back in till monday afternoon now :(

Mind it is blowing an absolute hooley in Newcastle today like, infact to my embarrasment my knackered front grille actually lifted off & blew away over the car when i was driving home :oops: , i did'nt even realise what it was till i got home & realised i was short of a grille !!!

Luckily for me my new FK badgeless grille was delivered by a courier this morning so when the wind dies off i'll fit that one 8)

Just managed to get my new FK grille on ....so here it is, hopefully this one won't go flying off next time i take it out :?

Just fitted new genuine vw/audi aero wipers so i can drive in the rain at more than 60mph now :wink:

Just needs an MOT now............

Just fitted new genuine vw/audi aero wipers so i can drive in the rain at more than 60mph now :wink:

What did they cost mate i need some new wipers got a part number or anything? :)

What did they cost mate i need some new wipers got a part number or anything? :)[/quote:3hu4nc32]

I got them off ebay, a guy called 'Lesray' , he sells loads of VW related stuff, these cost £72.99 + 6.99 postage.

I've had them before from the same guy on my VR6 & they were great, genuine stuff.

Sorry i can't do links or owt but if you go on ebay & stick 'vw corrado wipers' in then they'll pop up & i can highly recommend them

Well it went in today for its MOT & i must admit i was a bit nervous after buying it with no MOT or Tax, but it did well & passed with no problem, even the mechanic commented that it was a 'goodun' which is always good to hear from someone who knows there way around the greasey bits, so it looks like the slight risk i took has paid off :lol:

Looks lovely. I'm sure this was advertised on here ages ago, before Christmas, with a broken grille, and when I asked how it had happened, the owner said it'd had a slight front bump but had been repaired by Jimmi. But Jimmi certainly seems to know his stuff when it comes to repairs.

Love those wheels too.

Yeah thats the one, he had it up just before christmas but i guess it was the wrong time of year then he put it back up a week or 2 ago so i thought what the hell & bought it :lol:

Yeah Jimmi had his hands on it last year, the slam panel had a slight dink in it so he sorted that, put a new headlight on & some paint on the front so it looks quite fresh really!

I'm not sure about the wheels myself, i think they might be a bit ' blingy ' for me, they've got a hell of a dish on them tho' probably about 2 or 3 inches, i might look for something a bit more OE if you know what i mean, i also got an almost mint set of Estorils with the car aswell so might try them on for size first.

I had my first 'spirited' drive in it tonight & to be honest i was very impressed indeed, i previously had a vr6 before this one so was'nt expecting too much but once the revs get up its a little flier, just need to keep it in the power band & some fun can be had, feels pretty good for its standard 136bhp or whatever it is 8)

Well spotted tha man, to be honest i think it was the wheels that attracted alot of people, i only put it up on sunday night & the phone has rang off the hook just about since then, right time to sell i suppose :lol: