24V Renshaw

24V Renshaw - 24V V6 - Just read the whole thread!!!!

@Jay - I think those rims kick ass mate. Keep 'em I say. :)

@Jim - Don't you be knocking 301's till you get urself another C either! he he he

Getting my new C on Sunday mate ;)

Nothing personal about the 301's.. I know they are a popular wheel and I understand why but i've just never really liked em.. I think wheels are a very personal thing though! :)

Nice one Jim, What model you go for this time round? Of course wheels are a personal thing, I get loads of stick from the guys at work that the 301's look too "old" fashioned.... eek!

Hi mate.. my thread with details is here - best to link rather than spoiling Jays thread :)

I have not had chance to pull it off the video camera yet. Will do it tonight.

To be honest its not the best video as my mate was struggling to zoom in on the clocks! ;)

Jay

Yip, i remember how hard it was to do that in G's R32 that day on the autobahn doing 155 i think, it was so dificult to steady the camera.

Chris

Yeah I remember that last year.

You can hear Nick say "160.. OFF THE CLOCK" then he tries to focus on the speedo and you can just see it past the end of the dial.

Will capture it off the camera as soon as I get home.

Jay

So 160 on the clocks prob nearer 150 on the satnav? Or did you have gps in there?

Bloody quick either way!

Should have told him to get out for that extra 5mph! :)

Right its uploaded here. http://www.coupehaus.co.uk/download_page.html

Look for Jays Corrado 24v and then the 165MPH vid.

Well we did a comparison as I had no idea what my speedo was reading (MK4 clocks, VR6 box, 17" wheels with little tyres) and at 120MPH on my mates GPS, my car was doing 118MPH. So I reckon 165MPH is about 160MPH in reality. Fast enough :)

Jay

lol - just to make you smile Jay, was just posting on a techie forum and talking about Corrado's and this guy has just randomly came out with "I really liked Jay Renshaws Corrado in PVW Magazine!" - your car, it seems, is admired across the land mate by car enthusiasts and IT geeks alike! ;)

To be honest I would never even get close to doing it over here, value my license too much. I was glad to get the chance to do it legally over there and know what it can do.

Jay

funny thing is, at 165mph you're not over taking the other cars 'that' quickly (or it doesnt look that way in the video). Does everyone on the autobahn just floor it? I guess I would if i lived there! Nice work all the same, glad to see you enjoying it!

"get in! off the clock!" :lol: :D

doing them sort of speeds only has me frantically recalling in my head whether I had tightened all those bolts properly :D

funny thing is, at 165mph you're not over taking the other cars 'that' quickly (or it doesnt look that way in the video). Does everyone on the autobahn just floor it? I guess I would if i lived there! Nice work all the same, glad to see you enjoying it!

"get in! off the clock!" :lol: :D

When we were in Germany, there was a fairly regular stream of Audi's, BM's, and other repmobile type cars blasting past at a fairly constant pace!!

I found it quite comfortable at those speeds to be honest and my mate Nick said it was nice as a passenger.

As soon as I hit 165 I had to back off for the cars I was catching, although they are probably doing 100 themselves :)

jay