Walesy

Paint Codes

yeah, 9x16 Karmonas with 215/35/16's on them. i have to change the suspension, give the wheels a trial, go to widewheels for arch roll, then fit them so not out the woods yet. took me almost 2 months to find someone to fit the tyres.

I was just going to post that as well Darren, so maybe they are.

Your actually a wheel whore without going through lots of wheels lol, every other thread/post of yours is on wheels.

Your right :lol: I wish I had some moneys to spend on wheels, the santa monica's ruin the look of the car IMO, ay up I'm talking about wheels again lol, I do apologise :lol:

Joedakio, sorry to hear your Rado's not turned out to be as good you hoped, but rest assured you have one of the best Colours (IMHO)

thanks walsey. i agree with you on the colour, as this is the second one ive had in "pearl grey". the rado never turned out to be as good as i thought as the previous owner lied to me about its condition, and that it had been written off- in a very deceiving manner! i have already decided it will be resprayed and have almost collected all the parts needed. my first grey rado:

cor11.jpg

It was me actually but I'll let you off as I'm far better looking than Walsey! :lol:

Pearl Ghay is probably the most understated colour the Rados came in, and personally I think It suits the car to a T... (Esp with my LM'S ;) )

anyone help please

are there any other blue raddo colours apart from Inca blue metallic which shine purple in the light

thanks in advance

Aqua Blue Pearl mate, like my old one below?

P1010159.jpg

I miss her tbh :cry:

Paint codes LC5U

So, are you gonna need a name change to Aqua? :eek:

Here's one of the khaki pearl effect

Thought it was lighter/more "Green" than that? Or and I confusing it with the "Irish Green" that was also available?

I think your confusing yourself :lol: This is Irish green

That Irish Green is lovely! Any one got any more pics?

no......found a new bonnet and panels but the bloke was unsure of the paint codes (he was in wales, so I couldnt actually see them in person) wanted to see if they were actually Inca blue but was unsure if there was another blue with a hint of purple.

Now after looking again at the pics can def see they are not Inca

Thanks for saving me a long trip and waste of time and money :D

:dance:

yeah thats what I'll do when I get rid of the stone chips (bonnet and front of wings)

Doing my head in!!

thanks again :wave:

Has anyone heard of 'Hot Chilli Red', i'm going to be collecting my new vr on friday (touch wood) & i've just been chatting to the current owner & when asked about the colour he says that what it is ??? :confused4:

To me it looks like Sherry pearl effect LC2U & its a '94' so it tallies with the year, just wondered if it was another name for that maybe ?

It'll be Sherry pearl by the looks of it mate, 'red hot chilli' was never on the options list! :eek:

Yeah my guess is sherry pearl aswell but when i asked the guy who owns it & has for the last 8 years all he knew is that when he went for a touch up stick a while ago he was given 'hot chilli red' but i'm sure i've read somewhere else on here had a problem getting a sherry pearl touch up stick aswell.

I'll find out tomorrow anyway as i'm going to sunny wales in the morning to pick it up :clap:

no......found a new bonnet and panels but the bloke was unsure of the paint codes (he was in wales, so I couldnt actually see them in person) wanted to see if they were actually Inca blue but was unsure if there was another blue with a hint of purple.

Now after looking again at the pics can def see they are not Inca

Thanks for saving me a long trip and waste of time and money :D

Was that off an H plate near cardiff on Ebay? That's blue pearl effect, same as mine and the Yandards. Fooking lovely, there didn't look to be too much wrong with the car tbh.

I'm looking for a corrado at the moment so would be interested to see the different colours available, is it possible to post a picture of a car next each post code for reference?

Hi mate, it would be possible, but would take a while - it's a good idea though.

I'll make a start, i've had quite a few Corrados in various colours but haven't quite had them all yet :lol: - We'll need people to post pics (stick to links to hosting sites please!) of their rados if their colour isnt already here. Once we've got a decent selection i'll re-organise them into colour groups etc.

I'll add the pics to this post, rather than the first post in the thread as it'll take ages for the page to load for those who just need to look at the paint codes.

Aqua Blue Pearl Effect - LC5U

P1010159.jpg

Nugget Yellow - LK1B

DSC00005-1.jpg

Twilight Violet Pearl Effect - LC4T

M123DRLBeach014.jpg

Black - LO41

IM000203.jpg

Dragon Green Pearl Effect - LC6P

t_dsc01621_1851-1.jpg

Bordeaux Pearl Effect - LC3Y

IM000402-1.jpg

Bramble Metallic LK4Z aka Blackberry

IMG_2824.jpg

Dark Burgundy Pearl Effect LC3U

CIMG1274.jpg

Pearl Grey Metallic LA7U

CIMG0577.jpg

Has anyone heard of 'Hot Chilli Red', i'm going to be collecting my new vr on friday (touch wood) & i've just been chatting to the current owner & when asked about the colour he says that what it is ??? :confused4:

To me it looks like Sherry pearl effect LC2U & its a '94' so it tallies with the year, just wondered if it was another name for that maybe ?

Chilli Red was a late Golf VR6 colour, went to look at one many moons ago.

Chilli Red was a late Golf VR6 colour, went to look at one many moons ago.[/quote:i8ai6dbq]

Yeah cheers, thats what i thought aswell....oh well i've got some nice non matching stonechip touch ups on the bonnet anyway courtesy of our ever helpful VW dealers & a previous owner who obviously knew no better :roll: