Sign in to follow this  
sikaa1

INTERIOR DOOR CARD

I own a 1992 2.0 Rado which needs the passenger door replacing. Managed to locate one from a later model - '95 - and want to know if the door card (& ancillaries) are interchangeable or do I need one from the same year? I'm sure I've read it somewhere about similar body panels on all models but not too sure about inside trim etc. Help!

you'll have to rewire the window switch and possibly the speaker. Also you will need the late spec trims (door pull handles etc), other than that they bolt up nice... however you might want both door cards :)

It depends on whether you have the late interior or early interior, '92 was the changeover year.

A quick way of telling, is that the window switches are on the doorpods on the later interiors, and on the actual doorcard on early interiors.

If you have a late interior it should be a straight swap, assuming the pattern/material is the same! :)

Maybe I'm missing something here (surely not, I hear you cry), but the question should be whether or not the complete early door card and trim (assuming his is early) will fit a late door.... ? Shouldn't need to re-wire anything as far as I can tell because he's keeping all the interior trim the same anyway.

Best case scenario, he already has a late spec door card and trim and it will fit without any problems anyway.

Or is the existing door card mangled as a result of an accident or something?

Maybe I'm missing something here (surely not, I hear you cry), but the question should be whether or not the complete early door card and trim (assuming his is early) will fit a late door.... ? Shouldn't need to re-wire anything as far as I can tell because he's keeping all the interior trim the same anyway.

Not sure if the window mech has different wiring on it, so perhaps you will need to faff about?

Cheers guys. You can view 3 pics of the door on ;

http://i32photobucket.com/albums/d14/voo51/house038.jpg

http://i32photobucket.com/albums/d14/voo51/house039.jpg

http://i32photobucket.com/albums/d14/voo51/house040.jpg

Can anyone definitely tell if the card on a '92 Rado will fit on this door? i.e. Is this door off an old or new model?

Sikaa1

these links dont work mate.....not for me anyway :D