Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

AmD tuning.

Been looking into the world of corrado tuning. Its a quick car but its feels so flat in places. Although my CRX was slower on paper, it felt alot more responsive due to the way it is tuned.

Anyway i found this site

Amd - Corrado Page

has anyone used them before and is it actually worth paying the money for what you get back??? I.E does it make a noticable difference?

Also the Milltek exhaust is only CAT back, is there any point doing this? the CAT and anything before that is still the standard size so surely it wont make any difference (apart from how it looks) in which case surely your better off getting just a back box?

Thanks for the help

Nathan

have a look here as i've had an AmD re-chip done earlier this year

http://corrado.atx-hosting.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1209

as for the Milltek i too have a milltek cat-back system fitted.......but as far as i'm aware very few companies(if any) do "just" the back-box for the VR as another difference with the milltek over the standard system is that the box before the rear box is quite a bit smaller than the original VW system....so from the cat-to-the-backbox it is also improved,and also you have to take into consideration that the original system is all-in one IIRC.....so fitting just a "back-box" might be a bit of a pain to a VR

so the exhast is worth doing as there are improvements over the OEM setup even though its not the whole system?

Whould you get the CAT replacement system aswell... their quoting about £350 for that alone :shock:

which tune did you get done at AmD? the £250 one???

yip i went for the £250+vat re-chip

its up to yourself with the cat-replacement one tho.........by all means get it if your existing cat is done but its a bit pricey for what little improvement might be gained

has it improved your flat spots then? Bicester isnt to far away from me. Is AmD the best place to do this or should i shop around so to speak?

in your eyes has the re-chip been worth the money?

German, Swedish and French.

http://www.gsfcarparts.com

They don't supply the small box directly behind the CAT (this rarely goes though), but the rest (the two main boxes) is £155 + VAT.

Apparently it's a genuine VW piece, but as I say I'll see when I pick it up tonight...

Fellas, the original systems are made in one piece for ease of fitment, during manufacture. If you get a replacement backbox, the usual deal is to cut off the original with a hacksaw and stick the new one on. There are usually some marks on the pipe, where you are supposed to cut it.

Gavin

I know, but you can fit an "original" one by dropping the back axle down slightly.

And since it seems to be the middle box that goes, you're left replacing both rear sections at the same time anyway.

S'funny, but my copy of etka only details the all-in-one piece for VR6s. The separate ones don't seem to exist. My local dealer confirmed this a short while back. VW of course wanted £298 + VAT ...

who are gsf? and how much is their exhaust

yes i would like to know what the result is

regards

The beast is back...

Don't need to say any more...