Sign in to follow this  
wazza

Grease is the word...

Now i thought grease was grease, but in the process of changing my discs and bearings my dad said we hadn't got enough grease left to do all four corners, and said i should find out what people recommend. I didn't know there was different grease for higher temperatures, so with this in mind, what should i be getting?

Cheers,

Waz

If you mean grease for the bearings, i think its LM (Lithium Moly)grease you need, you can get big plastic tubs of the castrol or comma grease from halfrauds or any other motor factors.

this stuff

and copper grease for the back of the brake pads it resists high temperatures and stops the pads squeeling, i find the stuff that comes in the pritstick style tube is the best stuff, its much less messy and seems a bit thicker(more like paste), so sticks to the back of the pads really well, and usually use a little on the threads of the wheel bolts.

just make sure you dont get any on the braking surface of the pads or disk.

i find the stuff that comes in the pritstick style tube is the best stuff

Yeah i saw that the other day at halfords and thought it would be quite useful!

Copper grease/slip isn't the best product for the back of the pads/carriers, over a short period of time it dries hard you get the dreaded squealing back....plastilube is a much better product that doesn't dry out, you can get it from the dealers or various internet places.