Sign in to follow this  
too hot

Blue dash lights

Anybody changed the dash display colour to the new Golf blue colour.(just got a new stereo with variable colour display).

I now fancy blue dash lights,is it as easy as just changing bulbs or is there more to it than that :?: :mrgreen:

ive read about it....you can get wide angle leds to light up the dials..and fit a piece of blue film?? over the digital display.......switches can also be done ,it involves taking em apart and fitting in leds

looks good but i recon theres a good chance of breaking stuff....do a search on google theres lots of stuff about it

Andi, stormseeker, I had a quick read through this page about the blue leds and thought --Eh :!: :?

Will have to read it again when I`ve got my thinking head on. :!: :!: :lol: :lol:

Cooooool dash lights! If they make 'em for the later model C I could well be tempted into going in on that... providing someone can point me in the right direction for blue led's.

Blimey if you go to the full list http://www.streetracerparts.com/models/makes/Volkswagen/Corrado_92_95.htm they also list 92-95 models which mine is, as it has the digital display on the speedo and the fuel and temp gauge not just the fuel and temp gauge, the only thing is they only go upto 140mph when my clocks go upto 160mph I think the american models have 140mph and the uk models went upto 160mph which is a bit of a bummeras they do look effing wicked

ROADHOG, They were talking about a group buy on the E Group(when the sever for this forum was down) Dunno the outcome but they needed about 50 confirmed orders before they would produce the UK specs.The temperature guage reads in celcius instead of farenheit,so the manufacturers need a full order before they will make em 8)

Sorry guys was away snowboarding 4 the wkend and just got back 8)

Paul, not sure if my dial goes up to 160 will check l8r.

Too Hot, E Group? Is any 1 else interested in adding there name to the list 2 order some if they can produce the correct ones?

Hello people, Just noticed mine goes up to 160 aswell :( shame that, cos they do look realy good. Somehow I don't think we could organise 50 pple to get a group buy :(