Sign in to follow this  
pd2444

Piston Ring Part # question

Hi,

Some of you may (or may not) remember a post I made under "Sickly VR6 options?" a month or so ago. Well, in the end I decided the only way I'd find out what was going on was to pull the engine apart and have a look.

It looks as if a ring had got stuck but the bores, head and engine in general look in basically very good condition so I'm going to put it all back together again.

I've got most of the parts together but I'm having a bit of trouble locating the correct part number for the piston rings. The local VW dealer thinks it is 021 198 155 but they are unsure. The list price is £37.17 per set.

Is this correct and does anyone know of any better sources than VW (most part factors do not do them)?

Thanks.

The local VW dealer thinks it is 021 198 155 but they are unsure... Is this correct and does anyone know of any better sources than VW (most part factors do not do them)?

Contact them. They tend to know what they are doing. Tell them its an ABV engine, give them the number and cross your fingers. They havent let me down yet.

Is that price above per piston?

Yup!

Try an independant engine remanufacturers for cheaper prices. I picked up a complete set from Owslebury crankshafts in Winchester for £120 last year.