Sign in to follow this  
tedman

24v VR6 OEM+

ooo brand spanking one, looks good man, prefer the standard badge on the rear but liked the flushed front end personally! is that the latest copy of pvw??

the spoiler filled in

:scratch: spoiler hasn't been touched mate :D

yes its the latest copy,well worth a look!

i thought there was a cutout on the spoiler for the rear wiper :p shows how much attention i have paid :/ lol

i thought there was a cutout on the spoiler for the rear wiper :p shows how much attention i have paid :/ lol

:D

update time again :D

Since coming out of the body shop the cars not had a lot of tlc and the problems with the brakes and engine weren't getting any better! The road trip to scotland didn't do it any good thats for sure ,so i thought it was time to get it sorted, after all the cars to good to let it go to the dogs. So armed with some borrowed money the car was sent to psi :D

Its having: 288 front brakes with ebc grooved discs and greenstuff pads [finally!]

mk4 rear calipers and new cables[had new discs and bearings before]

goodridge braided hoses

And due to the 12v starting to use more and more oil,noisy chains,brown coolant as well as running badly its having a 2.8 24v with about 45k on it :clap:

Good man. Thats me done about 4kmiles in mine, all good until last night but thats just the alt going.

thanks mate, also going for the cc phase 2 and miltek de cat pipe. can't wait to get it back and enjoy the car again :clap:

update time again :D

And due to the 12v starting to use more and more oil,noisy chains,brown coolant as well as running badly its having a 2.8 24v with about 45k on it :clap:

Sounds good dude, wanna swap :lol:

I havn't even got it back yet! perhaps when you get the 20v we could compare cars :wink:

Ahh man my 20v wont happen till september time, im just collecting parts for now, need to get a few bits painted and other random rado type crap sorted first lol.

Would be nice to have a photoshoot followed by a little comparison up the strip... santa pod sometime??? :D :lol:

I havn't even got it back yet! perhaps when you get the 20v we could compare cars :wink:

Ahh man my 20v wont happen till september time, im just collecting parts for now, need to get a few bits painted and other random rado type crap sorted first lol.

Would be nice to have a photoshoot followed by a little comparison up the strip... santa pod sometime??? :D :lol:

sounds like a plan :D

Nice :clap:

Any other plans for the car exterior wise???

just some nice 17's,

oh and would love a us front bumper but doubt that will ever happen :(

Nooo, keep the Speedlines! Car looks really nice

Looking at your pics of the car filthy, I've always thought it strange that the rear wheels always get filthier than the fronts?

She's back :grin: PSI have done a superb job and it goes and stops a lot better than before :D

Think the mk4 header tank and washer bottle finish it off nicely

wheeeeels006-1.jpg

Thanks mate, the car was away for about three and a half weeks but boy was it worth it! So much more responsive and faster than the 12v and the 288's are a lot better than standard :D

Cool, amazing the difference isnt it. Really need to get my 288's fitted.

You can say that again, You're brave with standard brakes :lol:

Wow! Looks a quality install by Andy and the team if I wasn't aiming for the modern classic (can't afford 24v look) i'd have gone the same route

Perfect combination, Ice Grey and 24v 8) Although the plastic cover doesn't look great, it hides the untidy leads :)

Looks good fella... just how much quicker is it than the old Vr??

Thanks lads, Abdul its a lot quicker than before but to me the biggest difference is how responsive it is you can be in 5th at low rpm and it just pulls all the way :D

massively jealous, that looks amazing! wasnt a fan of leaving the cover on from seeing previous ones, maybe its the colour of your car though, it looks great :)

massively jealous, that looks amazing! wasnt a fan of leaving the cover on from seeing previous ones, maybe its the colour of your car though, it looks great :)

Funnily enough ive put the cover back on never liked it in the pics ive seen before but looks ok on mine for some reason :shrug: :D