daves16v

The annoying loose handbrake tunnel cover - a solution!

Thanks monkey,

For easier installation I'm going to go for self tappers but I'll need to do some tryouts so these won't be ready till next week.

Thanks

I've just got back in from trying out different self tappers, the bad news is the Corrado floor is just too thick for self tappers, the threads just strip no matter what whole size I drill or what screw size I use.

So it's back to Tapping the hole I'm afraid. I'll look into the costs of supplying the correct drill bit and Tap for the job.

I've just got back in from trying out different self tappers, the bad news is the Corrado floor is just too thick for self tappers, the threads just strip no matter what whole size I drill or what screw size I use.

So it's back to Tapping the hole I'm afraid. I'll look into the costs of supplying the correct drill bit and Tap for the job.

Good stuff mate, I'll have a set anyway :D

Anyone got a pic of what a C looks like without the plastic tunnel covers? :(

Thinking of just getting rid of mine altogether after constant probs with it, I've got a large leather handbrake gaitor to cover up all the handle gubbins, but what other horrors is it hiding?

Cheers.

The carpet is cut down the middle, there's wiring and the hanbbrake mech, the back of the gear lever surround will be a large hole etc.

I did roll in this style for a bit because I was lazy.

I'll take a set definitely, just went to the hassle of refitting mine there yesterday and it's after coming loose already.

Can you PM me the amount payable for the kit with the appropriate drill bit and tap please Dave. Delivered to Ireland of course.

Cheers.

Bear with me on this, I will hopefully have the kit ready at the weekend.

Any news on this Dave ?

Ok, made some small changes and they're now ready. I will have to write a small install guide but that won't take long.

Price posted is -

£12 if you DON'T need the appropriate drill bit and Tap.

£16 if you DO need the drill bit & TAP.

PM me if you want a kit.

Thanks

Dave

Mine arrived this morning. Thanks Dave. Well engineered I must say :D. I can't fit it though as the C has a flat battery and is stuck in the garage :(

just watch the handbrake bolts aren't coming loose or ripping the metal where it bolts on like mine did, the movment in the hand brake kept knocking it off it's clip and dodgy plastic nut type things. had that fixed and now the middle stays down with no probs.

Are these still being made? I could do with one, with the drill bit and tap thingie please!!!

Yes, PM sent.

Sorry for the late reply, no photos as my internet at home is down...

Anyway, the kit itself came quickly and included all the drill bits, tap, and screws etc that I required. The instructions were fairly easy to follow, even for a techincal dumbass like myself. The most annoying part was using a phillips screwdriver to seperate the two bits of large plastic that comprises the handbrake cover from the gearstick to the rear seats!

Now I've got the brakcet on, it doesn't budge/squeak at all, as it probably did when it was new! A good, quickish fix and fairly cheap kit as well. Recommended.

I wouldn't mind one of these if they are still available? It's got to be a much better solution to the piece of string I currently have holding the plastic in place!! :)

Drop me a PM if you have any left?

Cheers.

Doug

edit: I'll require the whole kit if possible? Cheers.