Sign in to follow this  
lindy33

your opinion on my wide corrado (new paint job)

this is my mid engine rear wheel drive corrado, 2.3l turbo saab 9000 engine and box with lsd, tdo5 turbo running 23psi boost, aqua mist water injection, water cooled alloy charge cooler, abbott ecu with no rev limiter, manual boost controller, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, accusump oil pressure system, avo adjustable coilovers, rose joint antiroll bar tie links, g60 front brakes with feroda 2500 pads, saab rear brakes, avon 10.5 x 21.5x15 rear slicks, 8x21.5x15 fronts, 300+ bhp with 0-60 in 4.5 secs, custom made body kit for a corsa made to fit, purly a track sprint car at the moment but maybe some time make it road leagal, wone 3 out of 4 sprints last year and was only beat by a cosworth powered 205.

Moved to correct forum and worth noting you already have a thread about this....

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54660

It does what it's been built for, and all credit for that :notworthy:, but it looks awful!!

Engineering skills are great; diametrically opposed to the styling skills though.

Funny though, I never saw myself liking the stripe but I do. :scratch:

well done on building a winning car :notworthy: but styling wise...come on :pukeright:

Whats goin on with the side rear window? (4th pic down)

Front end shot looks wierdly like a pikes Peak UR-Quattro... but side shows front end really needs the Rado "Chin"...

I can see why the side windows if you had to fit a proper MSA spec firewall in there behind the driver compartment...

Purely Function over form, and I've seen a lot worse on tracks and hill out there...

Not sure many here will like this I'm afraid...

mechanical spec :clap: :salute: :grin: :luvlove: :notworthy: :norty: :nuts: :D :) 8) :tongue: :lol:

bodywork :gag: :cry: :shrug: :eek: :mad2: :gag: :shock: :cuckoo: :gag: :censored: :camp: :p :gag: :gag: :bad-words: :pale: :scratch: :scratch: :brickwall: :brickwall: :help:

That's a unique bit of kit........what made you pick a Rado shell?

...and i won't be posting any negative comments....i'm getting sick of reading them.

at first the running gear was mounted in a metro but it was crap as it was to short and would not drive straight , i had a g60 rado at the time and loved it then i spotted this shell on e bay and got it for £50 but had to travel 900 mile round trip to get it and it was completely bare not a single bolt left on it and the process started then, her is a few photos along the way starting with my g60 . sorry i dont have any videos as my camera in not digital so i cant upload but hopefully this summer il be sorted with that. cheers

p.s thanks for all the positive thoughts its good to know the country has not lost its creative imagination!!!

I can see you have put a lot of work into the engineering side of things, and i praise you for that. :clap:

But the styling???? :shock: :shock:

I think we all love the shape of our beloved corrado and so we find the styling a bit on an afront,but this isn't a street car.

Thanks for sharing with us and I look forward to seeing more.

:salute:

what time does it do a 1/4 in?

I must admit i think that the styling is the only bad part i can see as the work thats gone into it is impressive!

unfortunately my closest 1/4 mile is in crail 250miles away so i have not been yet but i had an impreza p1 which was rather fast and this is a lot quicker so would estimate about 12 secs, i wouold be dissapointed if its slower than this as it does not spin off the line and pully strong to 7000 revs in every gear up to 4th but havnt had the bottle to try 5th yet.

im not sure what kit it is, it was off of e-bay advertised as corsa wide body kit and i needed something to cover the wide track but it was still 5" to narrow so i cut and folded out the metal arch and then fixed the fiberglass on then lots of body filler now its 7 foot wide, i underestimated how wide it was yesterday and reversed into my garage door pillar so i need i but more filler again.

excellent piece of engineering and i praise you for your skills in both making that engine and bodykit fit and not making it look bodged, it does look really well done, the styling is not for me but i have one question

why have you made a car to hool up and down a quarter mile or round a track and made the bodywork so spendid smoothed in bumpers and such, cant be axactly the best think to be making a quick car to have loads of gobber on it?

but still well done on making it also curious why you have upgraded your rear discs and left your fronts standard? :)

first the rear brakes are saab 9000 front calipers and discs, and the fronts were all i could afford at this time with £100 feroda racing pads with grooved discs which are have amazing stopping power now compared to road pads, as for the bodywork hopefully if my driving gets a bit better than last year the bodywork will stay in shape, i am up againt subaru,s and evo,s and a lotus exige, and a few bike powered kit cars,which are all proper built racing cars costing a fortune ,to date i am about £5k for my car so im doing not to bad.

are the 9000 calipers not overpower for the fronts tho, thats all i meant. surely you would end up with the arse end locking up before the front?

massive respect to all the work being done tho! :)

hi, i had my first event last weekend at littleferry golspie and won my class by 4 secs,i didnt break the record though ,1 sec away from it, i bet a noble m12 on both days so that in itself made my weekend along with no breakdowns. photos can be seen on www.angusmackay.co.uk an independent photographer that was there, go to events then slide numbers 78, 80, 81, 82, 122, 124, 230, 232, 234, 241, 243 are me and numbers 79 and 228 are the noble i bet. hope you enjoy the pics also a lot of interesting cars on the rest of the pics. cheers