Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

Road Kill!

Anyone else noticing loads recently? I know there are way more creatures around at this time of year but I don't think I've ever seen so many dead animals littering the roads. There's a big old deer on the A14. And today one of my clients ran over a pheasant whilst we were on a test drive! :shock: Still managed to sell them the car though.... :wink: Just as well....

just this minute swerved to avoid a cat in my rado.However there was plenty of feather and four legged friends on the country roads that were not so lucky.

Eeeuuw..

:gag:

I find it's worse around full moon time. Last week managed to hit a crow but just missed a sheep and then a pheasant and some ducks/hens.

I find it's worse around full moon time. Last week managed to hit a crow but just missed a sheep and then a pheasant and some ducks/hens.

Had to read that twice cos the first time I read "crow" as "cow"! :lol:

Saw the aftermath of car v camel about a month ago, does that count? :norty:

Yeah, I'll give you that one. :lol:

I see badgers every day on the way to work, (dead ones that is). It used to be a rare sight :-(

Had to read that twice cos the first time I read "crow" as "cow"! :lol:

That would have been bad! Definitely a crow, it was quite cool seeing the feathers fall down in the rearview mirror.

Man, I'm glad we don't have so many big things wandering around like sheep. We have deer though, and those can do a number to your car, especially low ones. You hit them right about at the knee, then they fly back, over your hood and through your windshield.

...............................We have deer though, and those can do a number to your car, especially low ones. You hit them right about at the knee, then they fly back, over your hood and through your windshield.

That's what had happened with the camel. OK the camel was pur

I see badgers every day on the way to work, (dead ones that is). It used to be a rare sight :-(

Dont hit one they make a real mess to the front end.................................................... :pukeright:

Dont hit one they make a real mess to the front end.................................................... :pukeright:

yeah,stocky fluckers.

My friend was driving a MK2 and hit a squirrel and pulled his entire front lip off.

It's not just the size of the beast but also the velocity of the vehicle that needs to be taken into consideration....

My friend was driving a MK2 and hit a squirrel and pulled his entire front lip off.

It's not just the size of the beast but also the velocity of the vehicle that needs to be taken into consideration....

Yeah. The road it happened on was a 40mph zone, but knowing him the car was probably doing something around 70 or 80.

a pigeon got smooshed outside the shop the other day, all i saw was feathers flying about and knew instantly what it was, there so thick tho. they just stand there most of the time! made a right mess of the road tho, especially after a bus had a go at it aswell :D lol

a pigeon got smooshed outside the shop the other day, all i saw was feathers flying about and knew instantly what it was, there so thick tho. they just stand there most of the time! made a right mess of the road tho, especially after a bus had a go at it aswell :D lol

Birds are literally bird brained aren't they. The pheasant that bloke nailed the other day just seemed to wait at the side of the road until the last minute and then it dived under the car. :cuckoo:

saw a lad with a massive front bumper stop for said pigeons mate to shift, im sure the car would of come out much worse than the bird! lol - its like hitting a massive rock at 30 lol