Sign in to follow this  
barryarginnraddo

my 20vt corrado ... the saga continues

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet dude thats got a lovely stance :salute: and that paint looks peachy :notworthy: good rim choice too :wink:

i bouhgt the car at the end of feb this year, i got it from a friends girlfriend. it looked like this after its first polish - a tidy 2l 16 valver with 4 owners before me.

3rdstock-1.jpg

i tried rolling the arches, with a homemade roller but with no luck - still rubbng a lot. then got the arches pulled 3/4" each sid by CCW

aftermrccw.jpg

this mullered the paint, but shaun filled and prep'd it fore me in a nice oxide rat look stylee. this left me in a dilemma, what to do with the paint, because i wasnt sure if i want to spend a fortune on the car. If i got just the rear 1/4's done it may not match. And £800 for both whole sides is fair bit to spend out on the car.

So in true low budget style had ago at painting / blending etc the rear arches with a £10 rattle can and a lot of wet/dry polish i got a really good finish, which you can hardly tell and blend in paint, and the colour is spot on, although its not 100% it good enough to keep me happy until i decide what to do.

ive been happy with the outside for a while, and have now shifted focus to "liven up" performance a bit.

Ive removed all exhaust boxes, execpt cat and back box. Highly recomend torque technique in wilton, salisbury for custom exhausts.

Ive had the notorious KR inlet cam swap.

and bought / fitted one of thoes £35 ebay chips.

The increase in performace is well worth the cost of doing the bits and bobs, although not setting the world on fire its made it more fun to drive and less boggy.

any one got any more ideas fore making it a bit quicker????

it looks like the other half has given the nod for me to start an engine conversion, even insurisng me on her car!!!

Finances pending, more power is on the cards, hopefully soon :luvlove:

it looks like the other half has given the nod for me to start an engine conversion, even insurisng me on her car!!!

Finances pending, more power is on the cards, hopefully soon :luvlove:

Fantastic, which route are you going down???

very nice mate, looks well nice with the borbets on. i wanted them to start with but went for schmidts instead :D lol

I see you've got the T-cut out... again? (As it's a lovely red one). Ahem - Get it in the Red Rado thread where it belongs! :thumb right: :notworthy: