til2143

Corrado 8v, many on here?

yeah,red ones do start to look tired when neglected.

:(

Mines a ballache to keep on top of

Nice when there shining tho! :)

I've recently bought a 8v 2.0 with 74k on the clock, all original, 2 owners and full history. It drives really well but i'm lookignfor suggestions to give it a bit more umph ! anyone ?! :help:

a mild schrick cam, helps the 8v breathe better at the top end and being an 8v you won't suffer from making the low end torque weak. I've done this on numerous otherwise standard 8v engines and it's always livened them up nicely.

I've recently bought a 8v 2.0 with 74k on the clock, all original, 2 owners and full history. It drives really well but i'm lookignfor suggestions to give it a bit more umph ! anyone ?! :help:

Sounds nice, any pics?

Thanks, i'll look into the schrick cam. I'm adding a sports exhaust and thinking of upgrading the air filter as well as getting some rota slipstream alloys so i'll wack on some pictures once done :)

I used to have the 8v C. It was a nice relaxing drive. Not the fastest however, it tended to run out of puff at 4500RPM. So after a while I chucked an ABF motor in instead. I have to say all the talk about the 16v motors having less torque low down is absolute BS. The 16v has noticibly more torque at low revs, much more power at the top end and gives better MPG (nearly 40 avg). I would say that the 8v engine was smoother though.

to be fair, an ABF on ABF management is a significant improvement over the K(E)Jet systems and a standard ABF will outperform a standard 1.8 or 9A 2L any day of the week, not to mention the improved fuel economy. Just a shame VW didn't fit the ABF as standard in the last few years of the Corrado.

If I didn't have a tuned 1.8 based 2L already myself I'd definitely look for an ABF to drop in.

What I would say about the ABF(and 2E before it) is that the throttle response seems no where near as good as my old KR Golf. I'm not sure if this is down to the K-jet/Digi differences or just a heavier flywheel on the Corrado.

finally i am gettin closer to finding out more about my beloved. i have a 8V automatic! had it for 5years now and met a few lads from glasgow with rados but never an auto 8V, so it begs the question how many were built and how many are left?? i have just replaced the gearbox and apart from the usual wear an tear it has never given me any major head aches, it has mint condition black cloth recaros and it well maintained inside. the body has a couple of minor dents but when washed and sunny it looks amazin, even had the traffics stop me to admire the C!!! (if ur readin this mate i do remember meeting you in george sq but forgotten your name sorry!) i stay in easterhouse but train in bridgeton and work around glasgow, i may be sellin the car but will only sell it to another corrado lover since i have put so much tlc into it over the last 5 years! if any one can help me find how rare mine is i would really appreciate it! cheers :D