til2143

Corrado 8v, many on here?

Hey lads, im on the look out for a nice corrado 8v, i just want something nice and with a bit of economy as a seccond car, is there many on here? what are they like?

rare as rocking horse poop i think... philski has a 2.0 8v auto if you wanna try pm'ing him to ask about what their like... i'd guess they handle like a valver with the power of a mk3 2.0 8v?? :sleeping: (i have a gti 8v and i love em but they're much better suited as cruisers!)

Hi matey,

you're talking about the 2.0 8v i presume, and not the G?

Ya the 2.0l 8v

rare as rocking horse poop i think... philski has a 2.0 8v auto if you wanna try pm'ing him to ask about what their like... i'd guess they handle like a valver with the power of a mk3 2.0 8v?? :sleeping: (i have a gti 8v and i love em but they're much better suited as cruisers!)

Ya ive been looking for a while now and they seem pretty rare, i had a 98 mk3 8v gti as well and i loved it, nice and torquey low down and excellent economy, might give philiski a mail, cheers

They're fantastic cars IMO and suit your needs exactly.

I've had 2 8v's and would have another in a shot. There were only 213 8vs ever made, and i'm pretty sure only the UK got them. They were all late M reg and N reg.

I've also noticed that you've got more chance of finding a standard and un-abused 8v than any other flavour rado, as speed freaks stay clear of them.

They're no street racers but are really not that bad, I much prefer the power delivery to the 16vs (9a especially) and would have an 8v rather than a 16v every time.

They're fantastic cars IMO and suit your needs exactly.

I've had 2 8v's and would have another in a shot. There were only 213 8vs ever made, and i'm pretty sure only the UK got them. They were all late M reg and N reg.

I've also noticed that you've got more chance of finding a standard and un-abused 8v than any other flavour rado, as speed freaks stay clear of them.

They're no street racers but are really not that bad, I much prefer the power delivery to the 16vs (9a especially) and would have an 8v rather than a 16v every time.

Really? i knew they were rare, but 213? i agree, far prefer the power delivery in the 8v to the 16v, cheers for all the info Walsey, ill just have to keep searching, whats a good 8v making anyway?

Hi agree with all above i picked up a virtual one owner car N plate in Blackberry ithink the colour is( last guy only had it for 6 months as interim after his M3 was stolen) Had done 117K full history. Now at 128K runs like a dream. Average since i have had it at 34mpg , can get up to 50 on long motorway run. Everything works uses no oil and no rattles very impressed. My son had 16v a few years ago i like the low down torque of the 8v and as car is used as a family run around its superb. Well worth looking at ( dont have the large wheels on now have early set of Corrado alloys that i prefer)

Good luck with the search

Geoff

DSCN1084.JPG[/attachment:1ybkqkee]

I doubt you'll have to pay any more than £2k for a goodun.

I had up over 40mpg out of mine regularly - when you consider the price of diesel nowadays it makes an 8v seem like a really sensible choice economicaly.

Hi agree with all above i picked up a virtual one owner car N plate in Blackberry ithink the colour is( last guy only had it for 6 months as interim after his M3 was stolen) Had done 117K full history. Now at 128K runs like a dream. Average since i have had it at 34mpg , can get up to 50 on long motorway run. Everything works uses no oil and no rattles very impressed. My son had 16v a few years ago i like the low down torque of the 8v and as car is used as a family run around its superb. Well worth looking at ( dont have the large wheels on now have early set of Corrado alloys that i prefer)

Good luck with the search

Geoff

DSCN1084.JPG[/attachment:2yzev43l]

Looks a really nice car Geoff, is it for sale?

I doubt you'll have to pay any more than £2k for a goodun.

I had up over 40mpg out of mine regularly - when you consider the price of diesel nowadays it makes an 8v seem like a really sensible choice economicaly.

I wouldnt mind paying that for a good one, ya diesel is gone mad over here too, now up 1.35euro a ltr

when you consider the price of diesel nowadays it makes an 8v seem like a really sensible choice economicaly.

:sleeping:

when you consider the price of diesel nowadays it makes an 8v seem like a really sensible choice economicaly.

:lol:

id traid in my 2.0 8v golf for one of these like a shot. :clap:

I've got one and I love it :luvlove:

But I've also got a Storm so use the 8v as a very economical Corrado daily driver.

I had a Highway patrol traffic cop (a lady one) put a note on the windscreen while parked up at M1 services asking if I wanted to sell it. I didn't and don't.

I have seen a few pop up on autotrader but prices seem to be around 2k or more. Maybe that's because most of them were trader sales.

I'm not particularly technically minded, I know the basics of the internal combustion engine but most of the threads on here are a foreign language to me but feel free to ask me about the car :nuts:

We're not all made of money :p

I have one :D

How would you compare it to your other two?

I've got one and I love it :luvlove:

But I've also got a Storm so use the 8v as a very economical Corrado daily driver.

I had a Highway patrol traffic cop (a lady one) put a note on the windscreen while parked up at M1 services asking if I wanted to sell it. I didn't and don't.

I have seen a few pop up on autotrader but prices seem to be around 2k or more. Maybe that's because most of them were trader sales.

I'm not particularly technically minded, I know the basics of the internal combustion engine but most of the threads on here are a foreign language to me but feel free to ask me about the car :nuts:

Cool, ive a storm too, what sort of economy are you getting? theres a few lurking about alright and they seem to be for sale for a long time, i suppose they wouldnt be every mans cup of tea, id love a mint low miler, probably asking for a bit much, what milage/colour is yours?

rare as rocking horse poop i think... philski has a 2.0 8v auto if you wanna try pm'ing him to ask about what their like...

Is that like the slowest corrado ever built :grin:

But its still a Rado! My first C was an 8V, picked it up on my 20th and i loved it! Its so easy to drive, you can be doing 30mph in 5th and will drive perfectly! the cost is brill as well, regually getting 40MPG. Sold it to my dad who has now sold it too my brother :D .

There were only 213 8vs ever made, and only the UK got them.

Holy poop batman, thats rarer than storm territory..... :shock:

There were only 213 8vs ever made, and only the UK got them.

Holy poop batman, thats rarer than storm territory..... :shock:

Pretty rare surely, wonder how many is left?

rare as rocking horse poop i think... philski has a 2.0 8v auto if you wanna try pm'ing him to ask about what their like...

Is that like the slowest corrado ever built :grin:[/quote:nrn9gxe5]

they made some 1.8 8v's (not g's obviously) too didn't they ?

hi, i have a 95 8V with new engine edition - ADY

I think, that the car with this engine - is very good by way of tuning - almost you can modernize all by own strength, put the most progressive parts... Or to leave all how it is - is your business.

2.0 8V engine - And the engine in itself, on a recognition of engineers VW - one of the best by which they ever did! It is amazing, that it, with little changes, it was delivered on different cars from 1990 to 2003.