Sign in to follow this  
horney

THis place is giving me bad thoughts!

I only signed up as you guys with 2.0 16vs run the same set up as my Passat. I've been having issues with it and as there aren't many passats around I thought you guys would be better able to help out. I have been proved correct.

The problem is I come on here to check my thread and all I see is pics of nice rado's and now I have a hankering for one! I'm mulling over the idea of selling my camper as I just don't use it much anymore and using the money from that to get a late VR Rado for weekend fun and frolics.

You're bad people, you know that? :norty:

Nick

Ah you know you need to sell the :camp: van :lol:

Doooooooooo it :D

If you're in any doubt, come along to one/some of the shows and see what you're missing... if you ask nicely, people will probably take you out for a spin too ;)

The problem is the van was bought for me and Mrs Horney's honeymoon so it has a large amount of sentimental value and think Mrs Horney will get all sentimental on my arse if I try and sell it!

Nick

The problem is the van was bought for me and Mrs Horney's honeymoon so it has a large amount of sentimental value and think Mrs Horney will get all sentimental on my arse if I try and sell it!

Ahh, fair dos. Mind you, going out for a spin in Kev's turbo VR beastie will make you pretty emotional :lol: I'd take a change of undercrackers if you do though!

TBH there's no way i'd sell a camper over the pissrat, surly a camper and a VR6 on the drive would be the best combo?

I need a sensible daily though and a VR Rado would be just too juicey for my daily comute. In an ideal world the VR and camper would be best I agree.

Nick

vr's are ok on petrol to be honest, my brother is getting more MPG from he's VR6 than he did in he's 2.016v mondeo.

you could always buy a vr6 then get LPG fitted.

The problem is the van was bought for me and Mrs Horney's honeymoon

can i just be one to snigger in a "carry on" style at the sound of Mr & Mrs Horney in their campervan?! :grin: just thought it needed getting out of the way :)

only buy one IF you fully understand the consequences.

1) Random problems that occur for no reason

2) Expensives fixes

3) The inability to sell it no matter how much you want to

4) If you do manage to stump up the courage to sell it, you'll be in another one within 6 months

Welcome

I really want a camper but carn't afford at mo lets see a pic of what u have mate..........Just out of interest

Haha get one bought!!!!

You will never look back.

Im never ever selling mine, when I can afford to I will have a V8 M5 for my daily and the C will sit in the garage and play out on weekends.

Where are you from??

You must be local to someone on here, if you local to me will gladly take you for a spin in mine.

Once you here it wind past 3500rpm you will be on the phone to Auto Trader placing an ad for a Passat.......

Haha get one bought!!!!

You will never look back.

Im never ever selling mine, when I can afford to I will have a V8 M5 for my daily and the C will sit in the garage and play out on weekends.

Where are you from??

You must be local to someone on here, if you local to me will gladly take you for a spin in mine.

Once you here it wind past 3500rpm you will be on the phone to Auto Trader placing an ad for a Passat.......

I agree, i was only thinking of getting one, never really thought i was going to till some one i new was selling one, he let me have a spin and ive been skint ever since :clap: :luvlove:

EDIT: just got my second star yeah :wink:

I remember about 2 years ago I had a MK3 Astra GSI on coilovers and tuned redtop and a mate had a dragon green Corrado VR6 and I used to think I will never be able to afford one of them, the Astra was expensive enough.

Well I still cant really afford one but have got one, much better than his was too haha

Well 3 months after starting this thread the passat has been put up for sale and I've just got back from putting down a deposit on Mule Tamer's 2.0 16v Rado. Should be picking it up on tuesday night :-)

Nick

Congrats matey! Had a 2.016V myself but the need for big bhp took over and I sold it for the LCR! Was talking to a VR owner this morning though and realised that I still have a hankering to come back to the fold but next time it will be with 6 cylinders!

Hope the new valver meets your expectations and I'm sure it will be more than you ever dreamed of! I think the C is one of the best cars you can put your own modification stamp on with so many after market parts available and various styling options... and it will always look better than your run of the mill mk2 golf (although I still plan to have another one of those too :lol: )

What camper have you got? Would love to see some pics! This is the closest I have got to having one myself - it's such a cool model but I'd much rather have the real thing 8)