Sign in to follow this  
VEEDUBBED

I got bored...

Right chaps,

My motor's been sitting idle for ages now and i got bored so i grafted on a compleat Weber/iaw super Pectal 8 injection system off a sierra touring car,i did'nt use the loom off the sierra as it's a bit too over complicated so i got all the Pectal wiring and added all onto the Lancia delta integrale evo.1 loom already present.

I got 8 injectors off two scrapped Volvo 850 T5's,sierra cosworth throttle body off a sierra 4x4 cos.,adapted an old Audi S3 fuel rail and a fuel rail off a knackered Lancia Dedra 1800.

The chip's mapped to 480bhp by Graham goode racing so i know that will be fine,the engine runs like a champ.

I'll be renewing the insurance soon so i'll try and find a rolling road and let it rip to 2Bar turbo boost,should be fun.

Awesome! The front 4 injectors just spray into the plenum, and the other 4 inject directly into the inlet paths in the head by the looks of things?? Does that give you any problems with fueling?? When I get bored I normally just end up knocking one out, I really ought to put my time to more productive use, might actually manage to finish a project then! :D

When I get bored I normally just end up knocking one out,:D

do ya mind, i've just bleedin ate :gag:

I was going to try out something else such as MS,DTA etc,the problem is that there aren't any rolling roads here in Rome that i trust so it meant mapping from scratch,something i don't won't to do.

The ecu is the evergreen L8 off a 4x4 cossy sierra modded to run 8 injectors,water injection,varible boost with 12 position switch.

I bought it all off ebay and just grafted it all on.

The exellent thing about this system is that you can run smallish injectors up to 1 Bar boost then add bigger 1's for high boost,fuel consumption will be acceptable as will emissions(wideband says 14.5AFR at idle).

The cost of the bits was also well below any aftermarket kit aswell and spare sensors are two a penny.

I personally believe the Weber/iaw system as one of the best,certainly no 'Digilag'!. :D

I was going to try out something else such as MS,DTA etc,the problem is that there aren't any rolling roads here in Rome that i trust so it meant mapping from scratch,something i don't won't to do.

The ecu is the evergreen L8 off a 4x4 cossy sierra modded to run 8 injectors,water injection,varible boost with 12 position switch.

I bought it all off ebay and just grafted it all on.

The exellent thing about this system is that you can run smallish injectors up to 1 Bar boost then add bigger 1's for high boost,fuel consumption will be acceptable as will emissions(wideband says 14.5AFR at idle).

The cost of the bits was also well below any aftermarket kit aswell and spare sensors are two a penny.

I personally believe the Weber/iaw system as one of the best,certainly no 'Digilag'!. :D

Very interesting.

are all eight injectors batched then ?

That's a really good idea, bit like a more measured more advanced version of the 5th injector on turbot technics kits or on old cosworths.

Great thinking! :) :clap:

Emerald has this function as well so you can get better low end fueling and a good smooth Idle. Amazing stuff!

Hah, funnily enough I was only thinking the other day that I hadn't seen you posting on here for a long while Andrew! hope you're well and good to see your rado is still being improved on :)

Awesome! The front 4 injectors just spray into the plenum, and the other 4 inject directly into the inlet paths in the head by the looks of things?? Does that give you any problems with fueling??

That crossed my mind aswell.

In theory, 2 bar of boost entering at the throttle will blow the atomised fuel away from cylinders 4 and 3 and into 1 and 2, causing lean running on 4 and 3 and overly rich in 1 and 2.

Injectors need to be downstream of the boost.

He says it works, though so...... :D

Dual injection has been around for years and the 2nd set can be switched with rpm or manifold pressure.

It gets round the injector sizing problem big squirters give at idle and part throttle..... but modern big injectors aren't the crude, unusable things they used to be off boost.

I thought about the injector's positioning too,i was going to chop up a sierra rs500 8 injector inlet that had the injector inserts side by side but i couldn't bring myself to destroy such a rare piece.

Anyway on the old sierra rs500s the layout was similer and they pushed out 600+hp.

The Marelli/iaw is a sequentially fired set up so each cylinder gets its own fuel supply.

Just to be sure that it motors ok i'll go for a test run only using the front extra row of injectors and see if the engine bogs or messes about under turbo boost,if the motor doesn't preform well i'll get a set of add-on aluminium twin injector inserts off eBay and weld them onto the inlet manifold were the original injectors live.

Hi Dave(walsey),nice to hear from you mate! :D