Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

Ok, some other strange problem with my car. The rear lights are now stuck on! As soon as I connect the battery they come on and won't come off. :lol: Any ideas?

yup.

the brake light has a push to brake switch.When the brake pedal is in the up position it turns off the light.Have a snoop under the dash.

You'll work it out.

Were you mucking around with the brake/servo setup during your trials and tribulations?

Yep, had the entire brake system in bits. I'm starting to get the feeling there is going to be a few things I need to iron out over the coming weeks. :| :lol:

the brake light switch is a ratchet type...you pull the centre right out and once the brake pedel comes back up it self adjustes into the right position....worth a try :tongue:

Sweet, I'll give that a try. Probably not gonna get back on it until Sunday now though when I have another day off. Bit of a begger. Really just want to get it running right but it's sooooo fecking cold out there and meant to get worse this week. :(

i have to admit my garage is down on the list of places I want to be right now.

-6 degrees out at the mo.

I might be wrong but I think the dizzy makes one turn for every two crank rotations,like the cam.

Your not looking at it 360 degrees out are you?

I guess not if the cam/cylinder head face mark is aligned. :|

Yeah, I timed the engine to TDC using the cam sprocket. It's defo out. I'm just gonna take the belt off and start again from scratch. :roll:

i always found that it tended to move during the tensioner tightening.

I've lost so much time of my life to timing up my car.doing and then re-doing until i'm happy

Must be easier on a VR seeing that it uses chains?!???

Is it snowing there?

i always found that it tended to move during the tensioner tightening.

I've lost so much time of my life to timing up my car.doing and then re-doing until i'm happy

Must be easier on a VR seeing that it uses chains?!???

Is it snowing there?

Yup. Set 2 teeth to marks on the block, lock the cams, chains on, job is done.

You're not alone there buddy! :lol:

It's not snowing here yet but I think it's coming. Just hope it's ok on Sunday as that is my last chance to get this car back on the road really. My life is falling apart around me at the moment and I need this car working ASAP as I don't think it's welcome where it is any more.

Something seriously screwy is going on here. Just took the charger, alternator and water pump off and removed the cam belt. The intermediate shaft won't turn! I can only move it about an inch in either direction. Same if I try to move the rotor arm. It'll only turn a little bit in either direction. It was fine before as I turned the engine over by hand to get it to TDC in the first place. Really weird. :scratch: I can't see that it's catching on anything. Surely I should just be able to spin it all the way round? Or am I missing something?

jammed intermediate/oil pump cogs :confused4: :shrug:

Maybe think about dropping the sump and taking the oil pump out if you can't spot anything simple.....

jammed intermediate/oil pump cogs :confused4: :shrug:

Maybe think about dropping the sump and taking the oil pump out if you can't spot anything simple.....

Before you do that - remove the dizz and see if it's free to turn with a large flat blade screwdriver... If not then 'hopefully' it's something just stuck in the oil pump!

Right, we're back on track now. Just got in from removing the distributor (almost lost my finger tips in the process it's so cold!) and the shaft now turns as does the dizzy. Not sure what was going on there. Haven't replaced the dizzy yet but at least I know it's not a sump off job to get it sorted. :D

bet your well happy! so when the big day to fire up? :D

Hopefully Sunday mate. It's my last chance really. If it doesn't work by the end of Sunday I'm screwed. I'll probably end up having to trailer it to work. :(

Well, just been out with the car. It is the oil pump that's fecked after all. Tried turning it again and it turned but then got really difficult, now it won't turn at all. I've had a better look at the distributor and it's fecked too. Obviously were the oil pump has been seizing up it's wrecked the slot at the bottom of it. God knows what other damage has been done. I don't get it, it's a brand new pump and I can't see what would block it. I'm just about done now. It can't stay where it is, I've split up with my girlfriend and it's on her parent's property. The weather is so sh!te I can't work on it and there's no sign of that letting up any time soon. I rarely admit defeat but I'm struggling hard to find reasons not to break it. :( :( :(

I hope it hasn't cuffed the cog on the end of the intermediate shaft, dude :confused4: :brickwall:

It must have done really. The engine was turning over fine so something has gone. Either the cam belt was skipping teeth or the intermediate shaft was.

Sh*t Joe, sorry to hear of your woes. Hope things get better mate.

Don't give up now, tow it to neutral territory and fix the bastard!

Realy bad luck there, feel sorry for you after all that work :(

But every project has there hicups, I'm shore it will be worth it.

Wish I had the know how to do all the work you have put into yours :notworthy:

what an unfortunate sequence of events,the break up,the weather and the engine trouble.

Hmm..

Would work let you work on it there for a while?

I can understand why maybe all of a sudden it doesn't feel so important but it would be such a shame to brake it.

Your so close.All that hard work.

Ideally you want somewhere to stash it while you get yourself sorted.

I really hope it works out for you.

chin up fella

firstly there are plenty more fish in the sea some even have parents with heated double garages :D

secondly im sure the rado problem will sort it self

hang in there

thats a kick right in the balls!!! but i understand you loosing that enthusiasm when it goes pete tong.. :( but it wont take that much to fix,do what i do,leave it well alone for a few month and come back to it all rejuvenated...just a thought mate.

Thats quite a laundry list of schitt luck mate :( Hope you manage to get a solution together that lets you keep the Corrado and keep working on it... don't chuck in the towel mate, not this close!

Schitt dude, I completely missed the splitting up with your girlfriend bit :( Sorry to hear that, that's more poop than the Corrado problems. Get it moved and leave it for a month, as James suggests, that will help you, I think.