Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

Cheers for all the kind words guys. I really appreciate it. I just don't know what to do. If the intermediate shaft is gone the engine will have to come out again in order for me to replace it. Assuming I can find a replacement. Although that shouldn't be too hard given that the PG shares the same shaft with a lot of other VW engines. I need a replacement distributor, again shouldn't be too hard to source. But what else is gone? Why is the pump seizing up in the first place? At the moment the best I can hope for is that it's a dud pump. I can't bring myself to look at the damn thing. I'm not even thinking about the money, it's just all the time and effort and weekends I've given up to do this and it's gone to hell in a hand basket in the final stages.

It would destroy me to break it. It's sounds sad but this car means so much more to me than just being a mode of transport. At a time when I have sooooo much else on my mind, like ending a four year relationship and having to find somewhere else to live, this is the last thing I needed.

I should be able to store it at work in the short term. That's something at least. I need to sort out my other problems first. Think forgetting about it for a while is the best option. I don't want to do anything rash.

I dont understand why the pump is faulty but you will only find answers when you take it apart and i cant imagine the intermidiate being damaged by only cranking it over?! chin up lad!

I should be able to store it at work in the short term. That's something at least. I need to sort out my other problems first. Think forgetting about it for a while is the best option. I don't want to do anything rash.

correct mate have a break from it clear your head and things will get sorted !

Grrrr! That sucks mate :( Don't give up on the car though... just have a breather as others have said. Just think, next year you could be dating Megan Fox and driving around in a minty G60 8)

Grrrr! That sucks mate :( Don't give up on the car though... just have a breather as others have said. Just think, next year you could be dating Megan Fox and driving around in a minty G60 8)

You WILL be driving around in a minty G60 and Megan Fox would be lucky ;) Stay positive dude, you have all the means to turn things around when you're good and ready.

oh man a run of schitty luck indeed, really sad to read after all your efforts :(

echo what others have said to try and clear your head for a few weeks, you'll find the fix-up mojo following a break from it

You lot are right. I know that deep down I will get this car back on the road. I just don't have it in me right now so I'm gonna leave it for when I do. Going to look at a flat tomorrow hopefully that has a garage....

I just don't have it in me right now

Caroline.

I would like to put it in you.

X

Caroline.

X

:eek: Dear lord. Bored of Horse and Hound this evening?

Caroline.

X

:eek: Dear lord. Bored of Horse and Hound this evening?

I'm never bored of H&H. Off to bed. I'm broken. I'll call you tomorrow if I get a chance.

hey Joe, really reallyu sorry to hear about all your woes pal; that it truely $hit for you.

however...

i also had a run a fairly nasty bad luck (including nasty bodily damage!) and despite all that, i regret gettin rid of the corrado. my girlfriend and my aprents gave me nothing but grief for ages and the car gave me nothing but $hut luck after breakdown after $hit luck.

the thing is, when i was driving it, and it worked, every single past incident melted away and the grin on my face was unbelievable. i still remember anihilating a carrera 4s after i had converted it to the r32 and moreover seeing the guys face in the 05 plate porsche as i went past!!!

please don't sell or break it pal - TRUST ME!

hope you feel better/happier soon by the way :D

If it's of any help at all, I have a double drive ( 2 car width) that only ever has my C on it. If you need somewhere to 'store' it for a while let me know. I'm in Bramford, on the west side of Ipswich, about 2 miles from the A14 junction for Claydon.

Double garage too - but no room in that even to swing a cat :(

Bub I cannot say anything else that has not been said already! But the Meagan Fox thing! Havin her in yer ride would be the $hit! More beauty to add to yer already beautiful Car! Provided that she did not open her mouth to talk! HAHA! She is dumb! Picture this! Drivin down the coast! White cliffs, seagulls. She says, " WOW! I have some neat tattoo's! I cannot believe that England got fixed so fast! I mean 1st the zombies attack ( 28 days later ) then like some blizzard hit (day after tomorrow) and then the Silver Surfer dug a hole in the Thames! Wow! You guys must have a lot of dumptrucks! Do these short shorts make my butt look big? What does this button do? Are you listening to me? I broke a nail!"

Now! Eye candy is not supposed to be smart, but at least have 5th grade IQ!

Smile yer Corrado needs you!

Caroline.

X

He's back!! :shock:

Didn't you make any NY resolutions Tom?! :D

Stick with it, more than anything it would be a shame to see so much hard work wasted and another Corrado broken up, especially one as nice as this.

if you can get the car moved to somewhere local and you want a hand, give me a shout. ive had plenty of trouble with g60 engines and im near norwich so not a million miles away.

if you provide the tea and lunch then im sure we can sort something out.

a friend of mine works at vw racing and he may be able to pop up from milton keynes if we needed

Don't panic, help is at hand, can ya feel the forum love? (Tom stop that!) All these offers of help, you can't ditch the C now!

If its any consolation, I was in a long term relationship (5 1/2 years) that went pear shaped, now I'm seeing someone 10 years my junior. (i'm 31 years old before anyone accuses me of illegal shenanigans) :norty: hubba hubba :grin:

Hope you get things sorted soon dude, would be criminal to see this get broken now.

I just couldnt imagine the death of a thread like this.... :D

or a front room with french windows ;)
:D

Caroline.

X

:lol:

Bub I cannot say anything else that has not been said already! But the Meagan Fox thing! Havin her in yer ride would be the $hit! More beauty to add to yer already beautiful Car! Provided that she did not open her mouth to talk! HAHA! She is dumb! Picture this! Drivin down the coast! White cliffs, seagulls. She says, " WOW! I have some neat tattoo's! I cannot believe that England got fixed so fast! I mean 1st the zombies attack ( 28 days later ) then like some blizzard hit (day after tomorrow) and then the Silver Surfer dug a hole in the Thames! Wow! You guys must have a lot of dumptrucks! Do these short shorts make my butt look big? What does this button do? Are you listening to me? I broke a nail!"

Now! Eye candy is not supposed to be smart, but at least have 5th grade IQ!

Smile yer Corrado needs you!

:lol: :D :cuckoo:

Caroline.

X

OK, I know I shouldn't, really, but I have to ask - who is Caroline ? lol

Caroline.

X

OK, I know I shouldn't, really, but I have to ask - who is Caroline ? lol

Its one of Joes many alias'. Take a read a number of pages back :lol:

Thanks for all the kind words guys and offers of help. I may take some of you up on those! :D

I need to concentrate on the more important issues like finding somewhere to live so the car is going to have to take a back seat for a while anyway. I'm going to steal a recovery truck from work and ditch it somewhere out of the way at our garage whilst I get myself back on my feet. I need a break from it.

Thanks to everyone who has followed this thread but there probably won't be an update for a little while. But rest assured I WILL get this car back on the road. Even if I have to find another bloody engine for it.

Chin up mate and glad to hear you're going to keep a hold of it!