waynos

waynes corrado

Looks great Wayne, i'll look out for you!

Edited to say that I reckon all red rears would finish it off nicely....imo ofcourse 8) , the existing rears still look the nuts :nuts:

Nick

havent updated for ages!!! Fitted new brakes and handbrake cables all round and more importantly started prep for my respray!!! (which i will be doing myself)

had a bit of damage on the front passenger side on new years eve where some twat decided to do a u turn from stationary in front of me!

pics of her in the garage

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

decided im going to ditch the smooth bumper, to much hassle trying to redo another. The smoothed doors will be going too!

so on with the sanding

ohh what is this....appears to be blue paint on top of black .... wheres my primer at??

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

as you can imagine im pretty annoyed at the fact that primer wasnt used, i planned to slightly key the blue paint for the new paint but now all the blue needs to come off

more sanding

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

looks like they primed the bonnet...

IMG_0449.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

thats where it stands at the minute. not bad for a weeks worth of sanding, already missing driving it .

You dont need to prime if the surface is ok your going onto. Theyve primed the bonnet because it would have been sanded to loose the stonechips

TrusT me the surface wasnt good. He primed random spots also. The blue paint just flakes off in places. And being a bright colour i would have thought that a light primer would be needed as a base. In direct sunlight you can see it was patchy.

As for a new colour im undecided but its between lambo metallic yellow and a light mettalic blue ive seen on some fords.

my bro has a light metallic blue on his focus, its pretty nice tbh

the place next to now garages, on mitcham road. they have all the cars on the forecourt. hows yours coming along? definatly dont take your car there!

more progress

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

got the windows out finally

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

bummer about the lack of primer wayne, there's never any getting away from every job being more difficut than expected! sure you'll have it looking sharp soon enough.

cheers mate! some more progress!

prep

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

in primer

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

Also picked up a set of these which will become my winters, gunna refurb them in silver i think

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

Edited by waynos

Looks great Wayne! A lot of hard works gone into this car.

Did you ever get round to finished the TT dash?

cheers matey, havent got around to the interior just yet.gunna get it back on the road for now and enjoy it for a bit first :) it will be going in though!

Feeling happier now with the paint job? You did say that you were going to re do it all.

Keep up the good work

cheers rams, much happier with the paint ( its not 100 percent perfect but a damn sight better than before! some more pics....

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

passat rears, mmmmm

IMG_0604.jpg

gave the rims a refurb!

filled any curb marks then etch primed the bare lip.

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

coated the lot with primer

IMG_0615.jpg

and then 3 coats of gloss silver

(pic a bit dogy as overspray was still flying about haha)

IMG_0616.jpg

roof

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

Edited by waynos

looks like a great job, good skills, uv gotta be keen to get it back on the road now.

Coming along nicely mate, love the look of fresh paint :D

Cant wait to see the end product and those wheels look mint! You replacing the centre caps or keeping the VW ones?

thanks for kind words guy, kinda gives me the push to get it done! wanted to get more done today but i blew the garage light! been on the look out for some proper brock centre caps but i cant find any! just bought some fresh vw ones for the time being until i can find a set.

cant wait to be back on the road

thanks man, good seeing you earlier. sorry i couldnt hang around. had to go get tax then get her back for another polish! also lowered some more too

yours looked pretty clean!