waynos

waynes corrado

Looking fly Wayne, I need to pop over and check your progress some time.

Did you finish the interior in the end?

thanx!

tiny update, starting to reassemble, still got the timing bet to do (weekend hopefully)

DSC00106.jpg

DSC00105.jpg

DSC00109.jpg

DSC00107.jpg

DSC00108.jpg

managed to change the timing belt and water pump today

new water pump in!

DSC00127.jpg

new idler bearing

DSC00130.jpg

new cambelt tensioner

DSC00132.jpg

used an m5 bolt with a large washer to compress the old tensioner and stuck a split pin throught the hole to keep it down whilst i put the new tensioner in

DSC00128.jpg

before i took the belt off i made sure the timing marks lined up, One on the cam sprocket and cam cover and the other on the crank pully and the sheild behind it. I then made a few marks with tipex on the belt and sprockets. transfered the marks onto the new belt, double checking the correct amount of teeth between each mark.

DSC00134.jpg

all done

DSC00135.jpg

freshly sprayed timing belt cover

DSC00137.jpg

and a couple pics of it back together

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00139.jpg

as for the water pump, i initially wasnt going to change it as the engine has only done 35k , glad i did now! the impellor was starting to crack

DSC00140.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

more updates soon!

got these samcos off a club gti member who put a 1.8t in his mk3 golf. he decided he wanted black hoses so i got his old ones, need a bit of a clean but i think ive got plenty to be getting on with! and theres more to come lol

Excuse my guiness slippers :D

DSC00153.jpg

wow engine looks sweeeeeeet!!

when ive finnished my bay im going to have to give my engine the once over hope it looks as good as yours., :D

thanks for the kind words mate,i see your bay is almost done now - cant wait to see that painted as i cant ever recall seeing a corrado with a smoothed bay

i went over my allowed bandwidth on photobucket so my old pics are not visible until the 9th lol, in the meantime i signed up with another image host

finally got my 02j shift tower , gear selector and cables

dsc00160leb.jpg

dsc00157w.jpg

got an intercooler coming soon too.

So all i need is some new engine mounts (solid front one) Qpe downpipe and qpe management.Getting there!

are you using one of them front mounts from ebay ,thinking of getting 1 for mine if you get 1 first let me no how good quality please.,

yea that was the one im going for, heard stories about the vt ones cracking. I know a couple of people who used this one with no problems

swapped the coilies off my 16 v onto the g .Was on there or a week til i got fed up sowing down for speed bumps (loads around work) looked good tho, now back on fixed suspension (gmax 40mm)

dsc00163pgw.jpg

dsc00165d.jpg

whilst trying to trace my window fuse blowing mystery i thought id do some random checks on the mirrors. lookey what i found!

dsc00148b.jpg

soldered them properly and heatshrinked them

dsc00149w.jpg

and wrapped in self amalgamating tape

dsc00150v.jpg

also took delivery of an intercooler for the 20vt and a mk3 gti throttle body

dsc00162uaz.jpg

dsc00168u.jpg

Ordered the qpeng diy ecu kit yesterday so that should be with me this week sometime

HAPPY DAYS lol

got the qpeng ecu and connectors

dsc00170i.jpg

dsc00172tgk.jpg

all that i need now is the down pipe and some other random bits n pieces

been working on the loom, its nearly done, just need a throttle positon plug , a lambda plug and power interface connector to use the existing power connections under the scuttle panel. The wiring notes qpeng supply are very easy to understand! there are loads of different engine codes listed with the corresponding colours (mine matched up perfectly) id recommend it to anyone.

Tommorow i will do continuity checks again just to ensure i have no shorts.

some of the loom to start off with

DSC00190-1.jpg

all split out from the insulation

DSC00191.jpg

The loom at the ecu connector

DSC00193.jpg

injectors, coil packs and most the engine sensors complete and wrapped

DSC00197.jpg

connector end with power connections spit off (which will go to the plug under the scuttle)

DSC00199.jpg

hehe yea,i love doing stuff like this! just spent the last half hour testing each wire from end to end and everything is a ok :D roll on pay day when i can buy more bits!

nothing much here, i managed to drop a nut int to the crankcase via the oil filter housing breather. doh! shat myself when i couldnt find it. Ended up taking the sump off to have a butchers......Couldnt see it! gave the oil pick up a clean whilst i was there (wasnt really clogged to be honest) then i took the plastic moulding off that leads up to the oil filter housing as i took it off the flippin nut i dropped in fell out (thnk god!)

few random pics ( looks really clean in there)

DSC00218.jpg

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00215.jpg

also got myself a second hand qpeng down pipe off the bay so happy days.gunna use exhaust wrap on it

DSC00221-1.jpg

cant wait to drop the lump in. Need to get a lambda probe, n75 valve (as i have no idea where ive put it) a few breathers and some new engine mounts

no engine updates at the moment just another little project im working on.

take one door pocket (butchered to fit my 6.5 inch alpine components on top)

DSC00248.jpg

i bought some grilles off the bay which are 8 inch diameter (all that was available) so i set about making some mdf rings to accomodate them

DSC00249-1.jpg

they were glued and clamped together overnight.i then carefully chopped away at the door pocket to fit them in (glued them using sikkaflex and left that overnight to dry).

DSC00251-1.jpg

the fun part, found an old tshirt and carefully spent time wrapping it around the pod to make a wrinkle free cover. I then covered that in a few coats of fibreglass resin and let that dry.

DSC00254.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

I trimmed some of the plastic away inside

DSC00257-1.jpg

DSC00258.jpg

and trimmed the material out of the inner section where the speaker sits

DSC00259.jpg

Where i had cut the plastic oout of the inside i used fibreglass filler to fill any gaps and also to reinforce the outside

DSC00263.jpg

DSC00264.jpg

gave the outside a skim of filler to smooth out any imperfections and then roughly sanded it

DSC00261.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

Sprayed it with a dark colour as i can see the curves better that way and what will need adjusting (looks rough because i used really coarse sandpaper to get the shape right)

DSC00265.jpg

DSC00266.jpg

more sanding and have also rounded of the edge that goes around the speaker as i thought it was a bit pants with a sharp line (you can also see the grille sat in place)

DSC00270.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00272-1.jpg

thats how far ive got at the moment. Have ordered some contact adhesive and some really stretchy vinyl to cover it with so stay tuned.....

cheers mate, its not very hard to do just time consuming. very satisfying when you look at it compared to what i started with.beats paying 200 odd quid for audioscape ones too

got 1 door pod near enough finished, feast you eyes on this....

DSC00282.jpg

DSC00281-1.jpg

DSC00286.jpg

DSC00287.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

DSC00284.jpg

DSC00289.jpg

test fitted on the door card

DSC00288.jpg

Also did a bit more on the engine

shorter drive belt for power steering and alternator fitted

DSC00291.jpg

exhaust manifold fitted back up

DSC00292.jpg

heatshield bolted up

DSC00302.jpg

turbo bolted up

DSC00300.jpg

oil return bolted up

DSC00299.jpg

and the oil suply and water pipe bracket bolted back up

DSC00301.jpg

wow,,door pod looks great with a nice finnish!

engines looking good too when you gonna fit it??

cheers pal, im well happy with the door pods. Engine is pertty much complete, im just being lazy i suppose - still need to source a few parts. want to drop it in over the next couple months

lil updates, got the remaining connectors i needed for the loom.

here you can see the lambda connector at the top and the digifant power connector at the bottom

DSC00315.jpg

here is the throttle body connector at the top and the temp sensor connector for the gauge

DSC00316.jpg

here is a bunch of other little bits i needed (all genuine of course )

DSC00318.jpg

thermostat sat in place

DSC00319.jpg

o-ring and outlet bolted back on top

DSC00320.jpg

o-ring and water flange bolted back up

DSC00323.jpg

The throttle body fitted (ignore the blue hose haha - as the pipes at the top are unused i just stuck a bit of hose in there to make it look functional)

DSC00321.jpg

an adaptor i got to allow the fitment of the two g60 oil pressure sensors

DSC00324-1.jpg

finally the n75 valve its the "f" version ( i know there are j and h versions and they all have different characteristics. Picked this up for a fiver and its new so i cant complain)

DSC00325-1.jpg