waynos

waynes corrado

heres my g60 that i picked up a couple weeks ago!

its done 117000 miles

met black, needs a few things looking at - suspension top mounts and the sunroof doesnt slide.

feels like a totally different car to drive from 16v - lovin it!

DSC00245.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

DSC00257.jpg

the supercharged badge had the s missing so i decided to make a new s lol (god knows how much vw want for a new badge)

the upercharged badge

DSC00250.jpg

made a new s from bits of plastic

DSC00249.jpg

DSC00251.jpg

painted the small s in mars red and the bigger one in matt black then glued together

DSC00252.jpg

complete

DSC00253.jpg

i need to take some more pics as its now sitting on 17 inch mam mt1s from my valver. Had trouble getting the last wheels off as the owner didnt have the locknuts and there were three different types on the car :bad-words:

Looks very nice, I wish mine was black, they look mean. Get some pictures with the wheels on and get them wacked on! 8) Love it.

...ahem - not sure how fussy you are but I'd probs av a go at re-painting the old red letters with your new red. But that's just me. I'll be re-painting the red "VR6" on the front grill of mine soon. :camp:

the badge is only temporary until i can get a new one. heres some more pics

CIMG2852.jpg

CIMG2853.jpg

CIMG2854.jpg

CIMG2855.jpg

CIMG2856.jpg

and heres one of the bird shit that landed on the roof seconds before taking the pic

CIMG2857.jpg

thanks for the comments, dunno if ill keep the wheels as it seems a lot of people are getting them now lol . ill probably space the rears out 20mm if i do keep them

looking good, is the car lowered and if so by how much if you kno, they look well nice in black :)

im not too sure, im assuming its a 60 mm drop, its at exactly the same height as my valver on coilovers. Its a gmax suspension kit - very good for cornering believe me! But at the same time it doesnt bang or crash around like the coilies

lil update, my charger oil feed was split so i got rueben at tuning werks to order me up a new one, i have part numbers for the feed and washers if anyone wants them

DSC00273.jpg

random engine shot

DSC00272.jpg

i swapped the rear in pro lights from my red valver and fitted the angel eyes and clear fogs up front, i think they look pretty good against the black. I also had to strip the lights down to change the beam pattern from left hand drive to right hand drive. Whilst i was there i turned the angel eye rings 180 degrees so that the bulbs are at the top. Painted up my eyebrow grille which sits nicely over this...

DSC00276.jpg

car5.jpg

car4.jpg

car6.jpg

car7.jpg

car3.jpg

car.jpg

car2.jpg

DSC00281.jpg

Looks good, rims are very nice, you cant get the supercharged script badge from vw anymore, trimsport and Awesome do a replica one that looks identical for about £15-£20

small update, not a lot going on. Took my supercharger off to be rebuilt, thought id have it back last weekend but the chap doing it has found that jabba did a half arsed job at porting it, so now hes going all out and fully porting it (full blend- whatever that means) That should be back with me this week. In the meantime ive been tidying up the engine bay a bit. I resprayed the rocker cover using metal etch pimer and then smooth silver hammerite spray paint. Changed the gasket also as it was leaking.

rockercover-1.jpg

also painted the charger and alternator bracket

chargerbracket.jpg

and the inlet manifold

inletmanifold.jpg

When i took the silencer box off the charger all of the bolts just spun in the plastic so i had to break it to get it off! managed to get a metal outlet off a forum member and also painted that as it was a bit scratched. Sourced a reducer pipe and coupler off ebay to join it to the existing pipework on the car

chargeroutlet.jpg

Alternator got the paint treatment too lol

alternator.jpg

Cleaned the airfilter and painted the heatshield matt black as the plain metal finish didnt cut it

airfilter-1.jpg

i made up a blanking plate for the charger ( to get rid of the boost return)

blankingplate.jpg

finally heres my corrado forum sticker (cheers shawshank kid) that i stuck on today

forumsticker.jpg

thanks mate, cant wait to get the charger back as im missing driving it already n its only been a week!

yea im a bit upset about it too! but im definatly not letting that engine go to waste.ive decided to stick it in a mk1 golf lol. dunno wether ill stick with megasquirt though. ive forgotten loads since i last touched it!

got my charger back!

stage 4 oooooooooh yyeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaa

charger.jpg

charger4.jpg

charger2.jpg

charger3.jpg

fitted to the car, with a new air filter

chargerfitted.jpg

chargerfitted2.jpg

got a couple of breather filters, one for the rocker cover and one for the isv

heres the isv

isv2.jpg

fitted onto the car

isvfitted.jpg

isvfitted2.jpg

finally the engine as it stands at the minute

bay.jpg

cheers guys, i wanna continue tidying up the bay. Then when funds allow i want to get a chip, pulley and fmic. ive got an rs bumper here (i know a lot of people dislike them) but it will be perfect for a fmic. Jobs for today are to sort out my dodgy fuel gauge (sometimes it jus randomly drops to empty - any ideas?) and the the other thing ive been dreading is the off side front wheel bearing!

been a while since i updated so heres what ive done

Got these from nino g60 off here as a load of my coolant hoses were starting to perish

DSC00036.jpg

removing the old toot

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

nice newness :)

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

DSC00047.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

All back together. need to take some better pics though as it got dark

DSC00050.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

also gone back to a standard air box as you can see in some of the pics

heres the other part i did couple weeks ago.it will be getting covered in time once i decide what colour scheme to go for

DSC00061.jpg

interior shot

DSC00060.jpg

some random shots

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

DSC00501.jpg

DSC00503.jpg

redone2.jpg

next up on the list is a new rad as it leaks slowly! and a new sump gasket as someone who owned the car before decided to use some kind of silicone sealant instead of a gasket and its now dripping oil!

Also wana get cracking at recovering the seats in leather

very nice mate. really liking the wheels. angel eyes aint usually my boggle but i must say i do like them lol :)